cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to PM

mcdp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up with PM yesterday, which was when I installed my SIM Card. I have two concerns:

I signed up because of the promo PM is doing - $50 for 6 GB, Talk, and Text. 

- Once registering in the process, I was not given the option to choose that plan. The highest it would go was the $45 plan. Please direct me in the right direction.

My second concern is that once I finally created the account and got service, I tried calling someone that has a New Brunswick (506) number, being in Nova Scotia (which is where I am located, NS). And I got prompted with the message that I could not perform that. 

This person has an NB number but is in NS, that should not make a difference since they are using the network in Nova Scotia.

Please advise,

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

First of all, welcome to the service.  With the respect to the question of plan selection, some prepackaged plans have been developed by Public Mobile to make for ease of plan selection.  It is expected that these prepackaged plans would be the most popular.  However, the option of building your own plan package remains available.  Within the build your own plan option, the 6 gig package should be available.  Build your own plan is at the bottom of the pick list.  Selecting that option brings up a menu list for selecting duration, talk, text, data options.  I just tried it on my account, it works.

Concerning long distance calls, it is not the person's location that determines whether the call is long distance or not.  It is the area code of their phone number.  In any event, for province wide calling plans, buying add on long distance minutes is a viable and cost effective solution.  Note that add on purchasing is a two step process with the first step adding funds to the account and the second step applying funds to buying the add on. 

Finally, to switch over to the 6 gig plan immediately without losing the funds for the current plan purchase, please send a private message to the moderator team explaining that a different plan was selected in error during activation.  They should be able to change the plan and you will have to pay the additional cost difference.  Aternatively, the 6 gig plan can be selected now with the change future dated for the next renewal.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.