cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Charges

courtneyf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I live in Canada. If I get a call or text from a US number or if I call or text a US number while I am in Canada do I get extra charges for it?

3 REPLIES 3

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is the beauty of canada-wide calling plan. You can use your phone anywhere in canada and you can make calls to any number in canada. Publicmobile is prepaid. If the call isn't included in your plan, you won't be able to make the call or receive it.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@courtneyf wrote:

I live in Canada. If I get a call or text from a US number or if I call or text a US number while I am in Canada do I get extra charges for it?

@courtneyf  While you are in Canada you can receive a call and/or a text from anywhere in the world without any additional charges. You can also send a text to anywhere in the world without any additional charges.

In order to be able to call a US number while in Canada if your plan does not include US calling then you will need to purchase a Canada/US addon or an international addon to be able to make that call to the US.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@courtneyf wrote:

No, it's included for incoming.  It never matters where they text or call from. To call U.S., you need the $50 plan or a long distance add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.