cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hollyb3rry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have "- Unlimited International Text" but i can't send a text while in Buffalo NY

When i try to send a text i get the error. 

"Sorry, your current plan does not include US Roaming text messaging. To update your plan to include US Roaming texting visit publicmobile.ca/selfserve"

What does "International Text" mean if i can't use it to send texts while in the US? 

Thanks

--hollyb3rry

Accepted Solutions
Rabbi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: I have "- Unlimited International Text" but i can't send a text while in Buffalo NY

@hollyb3rry its have to work right when you add it for 10 days

View solution in original post

All Replies
Rabbi

Re: I have "- Unlimited International Text" but i can't send a text while in Buffalo NY

International Text is you can text from canada to International 

but if you are not in canada you have to buy a romming text addon

hollyb3rry

Thanks Rabbi, makes sense i guess.

I see the add-on in here for $8 to add voice, or $8 for text, or $15 for both.  I suppose i can pull in to a McDonalds or somewhere where there's wifi, and add the add-on for voice calling if i needed it, but how long would it take before the add-on worked on my phone?

Rabbi

@hollyb3rry its have to work right when you add it for 10 days

View solution in original post

Rabbi

@hollyb3rry wrote:

Thanks Rabbi, makes sense i guess.

I see the add-on in here for $8 to add voice, or $8 for text, or $15 for both.  I suppose i can pull in to a McDonalds or somewhere where there's wifi, and add the add-on for voice calling if i needed it, but how long would it take before the add-on worked on my phone?

you have also the add on of $20 for talk & text & data

Rabbi

@hollyb3rry just to let you know if you wont to text mms/image etc, you need to add text & data that shulde work

Wonder_why
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rabbi wrote:

@hollyb3rry just to let you know if you wont to text mms/image etc, you need to add text & data that shulde work

@hollyb3rry you could use Hangouts, Whatapps or Skype and more with Wifi

mimmo
Oracle

if you know your pin  and you have a creditcard registered you can simply call 1-855-4PUBLIC, no need for wifi

lots of info in this post https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Learn-all-about-US-Roaming/ta-p/75772

rohith_reddi

You need to purchase an Add-on 

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans#add-ons

"international" is only refering to the destination of the text message. It'll only work in Canada with your regular plan that includes texting, or with a roaming add-on while in the United States. While in other place in the world, text messaging with your Public Mobile service will not function.

Need Help? Let's chat.