cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working - PM not selectable on APN

simonswu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Data is not working on my wife's Polaroid A500 phone. Looked at the APN settings for Public Mobile, all correct. But the option for PM is not selectable! Please see attached screenshot. Does this mean the phone is not compatible? No problem with phone calls. Thanks.

PM_data.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@simonswu , I suggest you simply create a new APN by hitting the + sign and entering exactly the Public Mobile APN information.  For the name of the APN, type something unique.  Once finished, save this uniquely named APN.  With the new APN added to the list, you should be able to select it hopefully.  

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Here's a couple of things to check if you can:

Try checking your APN called public mobile. Will it let you edit that one? Make sure APN type is 

default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

If this can be set it should put the selection circle beside that one too. It's the "default" setting that does it.

If it cannot, others have purchased a Roam or Freedom sim which allowed them to create the PM APN. Then put in the pm sim and reboot.

Last and probably least, I have heard there are fixes out there to enable the 8.1 setting too.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@simonswuNo it just means you have the Android APN bug. Not a problem with Public Mobile, but a problem with your phone's OS. I would suggest updating your phone's OS to Android 9 or 10 if available that should fix the issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.