cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change plans

etegart132
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all! So I'm trying to change plans from a 30 day plan with add-ons to a bare-bones $10-a-month plan just to keep my phone number going while I'm out of country (also I do know the $25/3 mo plan is more economical). My account has finished the last cycle so I wanted to change it over, and it wouldn't let me because I had no money in my account. I paid the 10.50 so I'd have enough money to switch over, but the button at the bottom of the page that says "change plan now" won't do anything when I click it. No error message like before, nothing. I reloaded the page several times and still nothing. Any thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mimmo that suggestion may not be great for anyone on a grandfathered plan if that plan offers better value than what's in the market currently (and, more importantly, whatever will be in market once the person returns and wants to port the number back)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

How long are you away for?  and is your current plan a promo plan?

has stated above you have 90 days to reactivate an expired account.  so depending on your current plan it might be beneificial to keep your current plan and renew it, rather than changing to a text only plan and then taking one of the in market plans.

Or simply let your account/number expire.

another option would be to transfer our number to fongo ($25) that way your number still works when you have data.  porting back will take a upto a month i believe though.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What you are planning to do won't work because you have to have at least one service (talk, text, data)

SD08

Plan changes on an expired account can only be done by a moderator.

Click this Moderator_Team link to send a private message for assistance.  Include your account # or phone number and the details of the plan you want.
More info on moderators:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

FYI, PM has changed their plan pricing over the last few months.  Currently, the most economical plan to use as a placeholder to keep your number is the 30-days texting for $20.  However, if you are not going to be using your account for an extended period of time, you are able to leave your account in an expired/suspended state for up to 89 days.  The 90th day after expiry of your last cycle results in account removal and loss of the phone number.  If at any time, you reactivate with any plan, that will reset the 90-day time limit, so you can use the 30-day texting plan to do that.  After that texting plan expires, you can wait another 89 days if needed.  Repeat those two steps for as long as necessary.

SkylineGT-R
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Best is to contact a mod @CS_Agent State your issue, for sure they'll be able to help you. For prompt service, please give them your phone number or your sim card number, as well as your account number or your 4 digit PIN number. 

Need Help? Let's chat.