cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-on texts ?

katiatall
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
There doesn't seem to be an add-on for just texting but the US Roaming - Unlimited Text (10-day) - $8.00 -Smiley Frustrated Would this add-on do for local texting?

6 REPLIES 6

@katiatall wrote:

So if one is in a bind there is no options to add texting but to change to another plan?

Wondering if one can renew their plan before it reaches it's term.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@katiatall wrote:
There doesn't seem to be an add-on for just texting but the US Roaming - Unlimited Text (10-day) - $8.00 -Smiley Frustrated Would this add-on do for local texting?

No that is for use on the AT&T and T~Mobile network in the states I believe.  Even if it did work and you wanted to for the entire month by renewing it your $10 plan would be now $34 a month when you can just get the Talk and text plan for $25 a month

The option to early renew a plan is available.  Simply reach out to the moderator team and they can make up happen.

katiatall

@MacMe wrote:
@katiatall wrote:

If you go that route you may as well upgrade to a more expensive plan.

I agree 🙂

I don't remember making the above quoted statement today.

katiatall

So if one is in a bind there is no options to add texting but to change to another plan?

Wondering if one can renew their plan before it reaches it's term.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@katiatall wrote:

No that is for use on the AT&T and T~Mobile network in the states I believe.  Even if it did work and you wanted to for the entire month by renewing it your $10 plan would be now $34 a month when you can just get the Talk and text plan for $25 a month

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@katiatall wrote:

If you go that route you may as well upgrade to a more expensive plan.

I agree 🙂

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@katiatall wrote:

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@katiatall, I have read online that other customers have tested this US roaming add-on in Canada and found it to also work while in Canada.  Having said that, the use of the aforementioned US add-on to address text messaging needs in Canada is totally impractical and not economical.  The add-on lasts 10 days and 3 top ups would be needed over a 30 day cycle.  The associated costs far exceed the alternative of purchasing an unlimited text feature in a plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.