cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

nokia lumina 625-apn settings

I am having difficulty loading the apn settings for my Nokia lumina 625. In fact I'm not sure that I have the right settings.  I can search the internet but cannot open my Facebook or Sykpe app.

Oracle

Re: nokia lumina 625-apn settings

@mcmcyeo1, please refer to the following knowledge base post on APN settings for this service. 

 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-up-Data-APN-on-your-phone/ta-p...

Oracle

Re: nokia lumina 625-apn settings


@mcmcyeo1 wrote:

I am having difficulty loading the apn settings for my Nokia lumina 625. In fact I'm not sure that I have the right settings.  I can search the internet but cannot open my Facebook

or Sykpe app.


Windows phone? What os are you running?  It could be out of date apps.  Both of those apps I had issue with when running Windows Mobile


* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: nokia lumina 625-apn settings

Windows 8.1

I went into the store and could not find a Facebook app to update and the Skype app said it was installed and I assume there is no update available.

Oracle

Re: nokia lumina 625-apn settings


@mcmcyeo1 wrote:

Windows 8.1

I went into the store and could not find a Facebook app to update and the Skype app said it was installed and I assume there is no update available.


I don't know anyone on 8.1 anymore I will send a message to my Insider group as we have a few Microsoft MVPs in the group


* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Oracle

Re: nokia lumina 625-apn settings


@mcmcyeo1 wrote:

Windows 8.1

I went into the store and could not find a Facebook app to update and the Skype app said it was installed and I assume there is no update available.


Here is what I got back from the phone MVP

 

Skype for sure is a no go. FB should be fine through the web (probably better)


* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Oracle

Re: nokia lumina 625-apn settings

@mcmcyeo1, it's probably time to switch to iOS or android.  Even a die hard like @ShawnC13 is no longer using windows phone.  

Oracle

Re: nokia lumina 625-apn settings


@will13am wrote:

@mcmcyeo1, it's probably time to switch to iOS or android.  Even a die hard like @ShawnC13 is no longer using windows phone.  


There are things I do miss but with Android you can basically still get the Microsoft experience.  Launcher 10 is a great launcher if you want the same layout and I think Microsoft apps are the same if not more polished on Android


* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: nokia lumina 625-apn settings

Thanks so much for all your help. I'm quite impressed with the quick responses.  Love Public Mobile.