cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem sending text to specific public mobile phone number

lrhllwy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Both my daughter and I have public mobile accounts. She can send text to me but I can’t send text to her.

5 REPLIES 5

@lrhllwy wrote:

Both my daughter and I have public mobile accounts. She can send text to me but I can’t send text to her.

I'm going to assume that you're a new customer and that you were using a different carrier on your device before. After using a different carrier's SIM card in your phone, some Android devices had a software bug that caused outgoing messages not to send if there was already an existing message thread/conversation with that person saved.  I haven't heard of this happening for a while, and I think that this was back around the days of Android 5 and 6 that this software bug was fairly common.  The solution was to delete the message conversation with that specific person and to start a new one.  Please note that doing this will cause you to lose any information that was contained in that messaging conversation.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@lrhllwy 

If Android, perhaps chat settings under message app needs to be switched to Automatic. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@lrhllwy 

More details would be helpful.  

Are you both new customers?  Did you both port numbers?

Can she receive texts or calls from others besides yourself?

Can you sent text to others?

Does data work? talk?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@lrhllwy What phone you both have? If iPhone, is iMessage turned on? Can you send text messages to anyone else? 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@lrhllwy....

Can you successfully send texts to anyone else ?

Need Help? Let's chat.