cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Pixel on Oreo tries to send Int'l SMS every restart - thoughts?

@rockyon wrote:

It is happening to me as well on my pixel 2. Mine keep sending text to 7723.

I contacted customer service they blamed the device. But it seems the problem is PM cause i had used Rogers and had no problem. Also PM keep displays voicemail icon at notification bar  maybe that is the problem

Did you try any of the options listed in this thread you posted to?

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes Jinjangbesi method works!

Disable "messages" permission for "phone" app

in app setting

Oracle

@rockyon wrote:

Yes Jinjangbesi method works!

Disable "messages" permission for "phone" app

in app setting

Turning off Visual Voicemail option in Phone app should also work. 

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Hello, my Pixel XL recieved the latest Dec 2018 update. As usual, I went to phone app permission and disabled the message permission. However, I found that I can not sent or receive any the message out.

There is also no visual voicemail item under phone app setting. Thus, disabling visual voicemail solution doesn't work.

What I finally figured out is to diable/re-enable the message permission under message app. It then fixed the issue. No sure if other people see the same issue. Hope that it helps.

But what does visual voice mail matter, as Public Mobile doesn’t offer this service?

Mayor / Maire

@stonechucker the SMS messages that Google Dialer sends out are related to it trying to determine if VVM is available

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Is there any way to disable the VVM detection after the restart? That is the root cause of the issue.

The real solution is to have Public Mobile not count these system configuration messages as SMS messages on the $10 plan. It clearly says the messages to 7723 are using 'minutes' in the billing area, but that is not reflected in the SMS usage count.

Having every android user disable a default setting on their phone is not a real solution.

Mayor / Maire

@funtek my understanding is that they are not allowed to whitelist certain services due to net neutrality requirements.  The real solution is to not offer metered texting plans that sounded more appropriate in 2001 than in 2019.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I just signed up to PM today, using a brand new OnePlus 6T and ported a number from Rogers and I'm also seeing these texts to 7723.

It's not really an issue for me since I have unlimited international texts, but I am curious to know why the dialer app would be sending these.