Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: New phone motorola G7 Power

@mench55 try a network reset. 

Reset Network Settings - LG G4™
  1. From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings. > Backup & reset.
  2. Tap Network settings reset.
  3. Tap RESET SETTINGS.
  4. Tap Reset Settings.
  5. Restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. 
  6. Reenter your wifi password if applicable. 

Use this link for the correct APN settings https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/lg-g4

Save it. Enable data and try sending an mms text message. Stay safe. 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If only I could. The screen is so erratic ! It doesn't allow me to properly maneuver. And when I tried to press on settings, I got GPS navigation.  The phone clicks by itself and scrolls by itself and the only way to stop it is to remove the battery.. I cannot even power off the phone. The only option it gives me is to power off and restart and when I do, the same erratic behavior occurs. I think the phone caught covid 19

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mench55 

Try giving the screen a really good cleaning with isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol and a microfiber cloth. Also remove any screen protectors.

If it remains unusable the only solution would be to replace the digitizer... though I'm sure the last thing you want to do is spend more money on the old phone!

Highlighted

I'll try the screen cleaning, and you are right, I don't want to spend any money on an old phone

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mench55 wrote:

How can I reset the APN settings on my LG4 cell phone. The phone has gone wild! When I turn it on, it's not stable and is not maneuverable. I need the old LG4 to function properly so that I could transfer all the data from it to my new motorola G7 Power

Unfortunately, APN settings having nothing to do with the phone going "wild".  APN setttings are only there to make data work. You might want to boot your phone into safe mode to see if it's a badly behaving app causing issues. If all else fails, you could do a factory reset using the phone's recovery option, but  if you do that it will delete all user content (which would defeat the purpose of trying to recover your data).

By any chance is the information and files that you're trying to recover saved on a removable memory card?

Highlighted

@gblackma wrote:

@mench55 try a network reset. 

Reset Network Settings - LG G4™
  1. From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings. > Backup & reset.
  2. Tap Network settings reset.
  3. Tap RESET SETTINGS.
  4. Tap Reset Settings.
  5. Restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. 
  6. Reenter your wifi password if applicable. 

Use this link for the correct APN settings https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/lg-g4

Save it. Enable data and try sending an mms text message. Stay safe. 

Since the OP is only using the phone to recover files, perfoming these steps wouldn't assist with that unless the OP needs to use an internet connection to upload the files somewhere to back them up.

Highlighted

No my data is not saved on any memory card

Highlighted

@mench55 

I would try connecting your phone to a computer using a USB cable. Hopefully, when doing that, your phone is in USB mass storage mode. If it is, you should be able to move or copy any files that you wish to keep.

If your phone is in the wrong USB mode, I believe that it should be possible to switch it using ADB commands.