cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone

ant1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My daughter lost her phone today and i can't access it's location after 8am. I can't connect to it through device manager. What are my next steps to go through with Public Mobile? 

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@johnmoesessmith wrote:

i dont have my phone right now but need to check my text

The is no way to do that without your phone unless maybe you also have it setup to go to your computer

@johnmoesessmith this is right.  If you happen to use iMessage I think the messages are also sent to any of your other linked Apple devices like an iPad or a MacBook, but as I'm not at all in the Apple ecosystem I can't confirm.  If you're on an Android device and you happen to have set up something like Pushbullet to mirror your notifications you could receive them that way on your computer.  There are other such services for Android such as the Microsoft "Your Phone" app and so on.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@johnmoesessmith wrote:

The is no way to do that without your phone unless maybe you also have it setup to go to your computer

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

johnmoesessmith

wrote:

If I suspend my service would I be able to access the phone if it happens to come back on line? I.e. send a message through Google find my device or wipe it off they don't respond?

If you have suspended your services, this phone will no longer be able to connect to the Public Mobile cellular network.  That means that you can't send a text message to your own phone number.

You could potentially send a message through some type of internet-based messaaging app to your Whatsapp/Facebook/Viber/etc. account, but that would only work if you haven't already changed your passwords for those (which is highly recommended to do immediately). That would only work if the phone is connected to a working internet connection through wi-fi (and also assuming that someone hasn't already factory reset the phone).

The Google remote wipe/locate device feature would work, but only if the phone is connected at the exact same time to a working internet connection through Wi-Fi or through someone else's cellular data connection (someone else's sim card).  This would still work because this device would still be linked to your Google account for a short period of time (I believe it's 21 days).

You can also get the IMEI of this phone added to the national blacklist of lost and stolen devices.  After doing that, the phone can't be used on any Canadian wireless carriers (unless someone illegally changes the serial number of the device).

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I don't think so.  It would be disconnected from the PM network.

ant1

If I suspend my service would I be able to access the phone if it happens to come back on line? I.e. send a message through Google find my device or wipe it off they don't respond?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ant1, Follow what @NDesai suggested, and suspend your account.  If you get the phone back, you can re-activate everything.

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The phone is probably turned off and you'd probably contact fido though if it's an iphone you could probably get the phone locked through apple too.

ant1

The phone was last tracked at 8am just outside our home. I am unable to reach it through any available methods (ring, lock screen warning, wipe...) If I call her number it goes straight to message.

The phone was purchased from Fido but had a warranty repair by LG and I believe they sent a refurbished phone back.This phone has always been on the Public mobile network since being recieved. Who should I contact to get the phone EMIE locked?

If i get it locked and it turns up can I unlock it?

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@ant1 if you have misplaced it around the house or your car, you can make it ring remotely and find it. 

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Report the phone stolen from which ever phone provider you bought it from so it get black listed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ant1, If you manage to track down the phone, you can reactivate it with your current plan, number and SIM.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Login to her self-serve account and report the phone as Stolen/Lost to suspend your services. Go to Plan & Add-ons >  Lost/Stolen phone tab. Note that days remaining on her service will continue to run so don't expect any credits for unused service. 

Once you get a new phone, you will need to buy new PM sim card and you will need to update the new sim card number from self-serve account. 

Need Help? Let's chat.