cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-SIM activation

probstc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have just purchased a Samsung Galaxy smartwatch that uses e-SIM technology. I would like to activate it on Public Mobile and I need to know how to go about it? Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

@probstc

Samsung Gear S2 smartwatches also have a Nano SIM card slot. You'd have to activate a separate Public Mobile SIM card (with its own account, number, and Plan) for the smartwatch. You could use a Public Mobile SIM card on any number of unlocked devices, and (re)use the "triple punch" plastic spacers to downsize or upsize the SIM card form factor each time as needed, but Public Mobile doesn't support multiple simultaneously-active devices on one SIM card.

My understanding is that no Canadian carriers support eSIMs except in eSIM-equipped devices which are purchased (with contracts) directly from them. The much-hyped "reprogrammable convenience" features of eSIMs are not being (and likely never will be) embraced by Canadian carriers, they're deliberately sticking with single-use single-activation factory-programmed versions which guarantee sales and subscriptions. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@probstc wrote:

I have just purchased a Samsung Galaxy smartwatch that uses e-SIM technology. I would like to activate it on Public Mobile and I need to know how to go about it? Thank you.

Public Mobile doesn't do e-sim.  This is a low budget no-frills third-tier provider.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@probstc wrote:

Public Mobile doesn't support e-SIM's.

(last I heard)

Need Help? Let's chat.