cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping calls

OY
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I,m a pm customer since feburary never had this problem before .. during phone conversation cell service drops ... says no service ? Call person back have five bars .. talk for two minutes service drops again.

7 REPLIES 7

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

what type of phone do you have?

you can try resetting your network settings and restarting your phone

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@OY 

Did this start right after switching to public mobile?

You should know that public mobile does not support volte. So your phone needs 3g 850mhz and 1900mhz and you need to be in the zone where bell/Telus have 3g towers. You may be in very good LTE connection area but not that good 3g area.

To test, you could force your phone to only use 3g (it's I your data & network settings) and see how many bars you actually get.

Also if your phone accepts 2 sims, try switching the positions, often they are not the same

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@OY Never had a pandemic until I switched to Public Mobile either... 🤔

OY
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@gblackma Thanks do not have another phone .. but I never had this problem till I switched to Pm .. was with virgin before .. I will give the moderator a try. 

Thanks Stay healthy.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If it's not the phone it could be the network. Some local Networks are busy or congested due to increase of users because of COVID-19. I am not sure if this is what is causing your problem but the networks are more congested than normal. It could have something do to that I guess. I know people have been getting the busy signal but I am not sure about dropped calls 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

My first reaction is maybe something wrong with the phone or the local network.  Try a reboot and check the outage map.

https://downdetector.ca/status/telus/map/

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@OY  try switching the  SIM into another phone to see whether its the phone or PM. If the same problem happens on the other phone, then contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Stay safe

Need Help? Let's chat.