cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility with the new iPhone SE (A2775)? Or with IPhones in general?

tg-qhd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I recently just bought the new iPhone SE (A2775), which came out a few days ago. One of the mods told me that according to their database, A2775 is not a model that works with PM's network, but since this phone just came out very recently, it's possible that their database hasn't been updated to include this model yet, has anyone bought this phone and can confirm that it works with Public Mobile?

Also, has Public Mobile been known to have compatibility issues with any models of Iphones in the past? I find this hard to believe that one of Canada's largest telecom network is incompatible with one of the largest phone brands?

12 REPLIES 12

tg-qhd

Before I made the purchase, I made the post below making sure that the new Iphone SE is compatible with PM, all replies have confirmed that it is, so I ordered one directly from apple.ca

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Compatibility-with-the-new-iPhone-SE-...

Fast forward to today I got the new phone, i realize I'm having the same issue as my old phone, when I text pictures to people they don't receive it. They only receive texts with words. 

Otherwise, I can access cellular data when I turn off wifi. Can anyone think of a solution?

@geopublic wrote:

@tg-qhd  Did you purchase this phone from China?

I have a sister-in-law law stuck in Wuhan. I wonder if I can ask my brother to ask her to buy a couple? Oh no, that won’t work......he doesn’t speak Chinese. 

tg-qhd

Ordered straight from Apple.ca

@tg-qhd  If that's the case then the phone will work without any issues. No need to worry. Enjoy your phone! 🙂

tg-qhd

Nope, ordered it straight from apple.ca 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tg-qhd  Did you purchase this phone from China?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@tg-qhd Try an active SIM from any Canadian carrier and see if it connects.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@tg-qhd If the phone is unlocked, it will work with PM as other modern IPhones and other phone models.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@tg-qhd Where did you purchase the phone?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

I couldn't find this model. I found the 2275  @tg-qhd  if your specs are comparable to this model, then it's 100% compatible https://www.apple.com/ca/iphone-se/specs/

Stay safe. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tg-qhd , the new edition of the iPhone SE will work with this service.  The moderators may have given wrong advice because the model is too new to be found in the database of known compatible models.  

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@tg-qhd if the iPhone XR is compatible this phone will be compatible I do not.see why it wouldnt eapecially if its new. You can also check the TELUS compatibility page and it would tell you. 

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS)
Need Help? Let's chat.