cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t receive texts messages

Nathsnganse
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I got a public mobile play after coming from Rogers. I did a restore on my phone after unlocking it and that was all fine. So I put my SIM card in my phone and everything seems to work perfectly. Data works and I can call anyone. I can send texts I just can not receive any texts from other carriers. I can texts kodoo phones and receive but can’t receive texts from Rogers or bell. What is wrong?

4 REPLIES 4

@Nathsnganse wrote:

I still had my Rogers plan when I switched the number over to pm. After I switched I phoned Rogers and they said as soon as I used a different sim with that number it would cancel the plan on Rogers end. Should I call Rogers again?

Porting from Rogers takes about 30 minutes.  By chance did you enter the account number with hyphens?  Rogers bill shows hyphens in the account number.  If you entered the hyphens, it's likely the port may not work in which case you need to have the moderator team resubmit it.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

@Nathsnganse wrote:

I still had my Rogers plan when I switched the number over to pm. After I switched I phoned Rogers and they said as soon as I used a different sim with that number it would cancel the plan on Rogers end. Should I call Rogers again?

In general, it's usually a bad idea to call to old carrier.  In fact, it's the new carrier's repsonsibility to make sure that the number transfer goes smoothly and gets completed.  As from earlier, I would contact the Public Mobile moderators.

Nathsnganse
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Nathsnganse wrote:

So I got a public mobile play after coming from Rogers. I did a restore on my phone after unlocking it and that was all fine. So I put my SIM card in my phone and everything seems to work perfectly. Data works and I can call anyone. I can send texts I just can not receive any texts from other carriers. I can texts kodoo phones and receive but can’t receive texts from Rogers or bell. What is wrong?

How long ago did you transfer the phone number to Public Mobile?

What you describe is a situation in which a phoen number port has been requested but has not completed.

Out of curiosity, can you receive phone calls?

It's also a possibility that the number transfer is complete on Public Mobiel's end but that there is an issue with the intercarrier text messaging intermediary is still directing your messages to the wrong carrier.

If it's been like this for more than a few hours, I would stay it's time to contact the moderators. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.