cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN

kathleen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have set up APN on my phone. I can receive pictures but I cant send pictures.

11 REPLIES 11

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@kathleen

Welcome to Public Mobile and our vibrant Community, made with people who are eager to get you started with us!

For the current issue you are experiencing, have you followed the instructions on how to configure your APN settings?

If you have an iPhone the instructions can be found here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/iPhone-Update-and-APN-settings/m-p/1610#...

If you have an Android device, the instructions can be found here:http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartph...

Let us know if this helps you? If it does, please mark this post as an accepted solution so others who have the same issue as you can find the correct answer to their problem.Smiley Happy

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@kathleen,

What is the make and model of your phone ?

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

If you wish to communicate with Public Mobile, it must be by web mail only. Click Contact Us on this site's homepage. Another page will open with Email Away on it. Click that. Another page will open with radio buttons. Select the radio buttons that pertain to your situation, and, after selecting the last button, click Email Us. A web form will then be displayed. Complete the form, including an alternate phone number, and a representative should contact you within 2 calendar days.

If APN settings MATCH, then try power cycle.

If that does NOT work, Reset the APN to default, and redo the APN again.

If issue is NOT resolved, EMAIL PM Immediately

Look under this:

APN (Access Point Name) and Tethering APN Protocol Set-Up Guide

in Ask a question. 

The APN Settings will be displayed. You MUST ensure that all Info is 110% Exact

Otherwise, Data will Not Work, MMS Included

kathleen

the carrier was Bell and I had my phone unlocked before going to public mobile. I have a Samsung phone

OK, lets see what the issue is. What is your handset model you're using. What Carrier was it with previously?

kathleen

I signed up two weeks ago

kathleen

Yes my data is on

Are you on the New PM Plan(s)?

OR the GF Plan from before Jan 27 of this year?

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

If your APN ( Access Point Name) is accurate, then only thing is, Did you switch your Data on? If Not, that's why. MMS requires that Data be enabled. Regular Text does NOT require Data to be turned on

Need Help? Let's chat.