cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN settings Nexus 5x

dparibello82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,  I just got a new unlocked nexus 5x and tried setting the apn values according to the sticky apn thread. My mobile data and picture messaging don't work. I can make and receive calls and can send normal texts. I have WiFi data. 

Can anyone help?! 

9 REPLIES 9

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Sounds good, I'll try your approach and let you know if it works. 

Thanks again. 

@Mana wrote:

Thanks @NDesai.  After the factory reset was the PM sim the first sim you inserted or did you have any other carriers sim in it right after the factory reset. 

I am just trying to figure out the steps to auto populate the APN, which I think is always better than manually entering it. 

After reset, PM was the first sim and before reset, it was with fido sim. 

FYI, after that i have installed custom roms many times to try different roms and never ever i had to manually add apn. 

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Thanks @NDesai.  After the factory reset was the PM sim the first sim you inserted or did you have any other carriers sim in it right after the factory reset. 

I am just trying to figure out the steps to auto populate the APN, which I think is always better than manually entering it. 

@Mana If i remember correctly, I had the phone already factory reset. So, i just inserted the sim in and it connected right away. 

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@NDesai For nexus 5, did you have to factory reset the phone for it to auto populate the APN settings or just power cycle it?

Yup, nexus loaded settings all by it self. I had to do nothing at all. 

Glad you got it working 🙂

Congrats, now you can fully enjoy the benefits of 3G as well as 4G LTE

dparibello82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Figured it out. It was the authentication type. I had some settings in there for some reason. Deleted it and had to restart the phone. Works well now.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/APN-settings/m-p/30197#M4079

This is the link to edit your APN settings for your Android phone

Need Help? Let's chat.