cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment vouchers

kamphuis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I was having issues getting my phone activated with PM last month, due to it not wanting to let my credit card go through. That's all handled, but in the process I bought $160 worth of payment vouchers. I just got hubby signed up, and was gonna use the vouchers for his plan, but now it's looking like the vouchers I got were actually just the tag to take to a cashier, rather thant the actual vouchers.... I can't find a voucher number anywhere, just a barcode, that's the same on each one. What should they look like? I'm feeling sick now, cause I can't find a receipt for them, and even if I could, they're probably gonna laugh me out of the store if I go back now. I'm def gonna try tho!

Kim

12 REPLIES 12

Dan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @kamphuis,

If everything else fails, I suggest you call your CC company which you used to buy the vouchers at Walmart and dispute the charge.

kamphuis

Yup, they can’t do anything for me apparently. Which is what I figured, but I had to try. If only my credit card had worked from the beginning!!

kamphuis

Yup, they can’t do anything... they found my receipt, but the reprint has no codes, and I don’t think I ever got codes, but who knows, maybe I just didn’t see them.  @CS_Agent, is there anything you guys can do? The manager at Walmart suggested maybe if you guys had my receipt with time of purchase etc maybe you guys could look it up? I’m just sick! Oh, and I miscounted, it’s $170.... 4 $40 receipts, & 2 $25 ones. 😭

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kamphuis

I can tell you with 100% certainty, that what you're holding in that pic are not actual vouchers.  Those are just the cards you pull off the rack to let the cashier know which voucher you're purchasing.  Like you said, the numbers on the back are identical.  That means they absolutely cannot be PIN codes.  They simply look like the UPC codes on any product label.  Clearly, the cashier didn't do their job correctly if they took your money and failed to give you a receipt with a PIN.  In fact, if you bought multiple vouchers, there would have been multiple PINS printed on the receipt, or multiple receipts.  And each PIN would have exactly 12 digits like in the pic I posted.  Unfortunately, without that receipt now, as soon as you walked away from the cashier after the purchase, I'm not sure there's any way to prove to the store what happened to those vouchers.  I mean, you could show your credit card charges, but that wouldn't prove to them the vouchers weren't simply given to someone else.

Looks like Walmart employees aren't trained well for this just like when they started selling vouchers at Canadian Tire Smiley Embarassed

sirvar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Those are PIN as mentioned above

kamphuis

Yea I def didn’t get a receipt with a code, just the regular Walmart receipt. These are what I was sent home with:image.jpg

image.jpg

Ugh! I hope I can get a refund or usable vouchers! Heading back to Walmart right away here....

Dan

Wooosh, thanks @SD08, I totaly didn't notice that first and third post were from different people, I thought it was the OP explaining further what happened in post #3. Sorry about that all.

SD08

@Dan wrote:

Hi @sirvar

That means you bought Real-Time vouchers, and the balance was applied directly to your account. Unfortunatelly, you cannot give that balance to another user, so you would have to buy another voucher for your husband. The balance of your account will be used for future payments (next time your plan renews, add-ons). Usually Canadian Tire Gas Bars sell both real-time vouchers (RTM in their POS device) and regular vouchers (PIN in their POS device), so you should tell them which one you want. For PIN voucher you do not need to give a phone #, so if they ask for one, you are not getting the PIN voucher.

@Dan

Actually, sirvar was only relating his own experience in replying to the OP.

As for the OP: @kamphuis, do you recall collecting any receipts at all from the purchase?  I'm not sure what exactly happened in your case, but if you were to post an example pic of what you have now, (with the barcode or PIN at least partially blacked out, of course), it might make it clearer.  This situation sounds odd, as it doesn't seem to resemble the examples of voucher purchase I've heard of.

Dan

Hi @sirvar

That means you bought Real-Time vouchers, and the balance was applied directly to your account. Unfortunatelly, you cannot give that balance to another user, so you would have to buy another voucher for your husband. The balance of your account will be used for future payments (next time your plan renews, add-ons). Usually Canadian Tire Gas Bars sell both real-time vouchers (RTM in their POS device) and regular vouchers (PIN in their POS device), so you should tell them which one you want. For PIN voucher you do not need to give a phone #, so if they ask for one, you are not getting the PIN voucher.

sirvar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When I bought, she asked for my phone number and charged me right there. I logged in on my phone right away and saw the balance updated. The receipt did not have any code I needed to enter, for me at least. This was at the Canadian Tire Gas

SD08

When you buy a voucher, the retailer should give you a receipt with a 12-digit PIN number, for example like this:

PM_PIN_Voucher.jpg

Otherwise, a real-time voucher would be loaded directly onto your account at the terminal, but they would have asked for your phone number at that time.

Need Help? Let's chat.