cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why got $2 charge related to automatic top-up for nothing?

info8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got $2 charge for automatic top-up but could not find any add-on/top-up to my current plan. Who is able to solve this problem? Thanks.

Capture.JPG

10 REPLIES 10

info8

This makes sense. Before the $2 charge, balance is $18 and the plan I have is more than $18. 🙂 Thank everybody for helping me out.   

@info8 wrote:

It shows credit in My Account payment history but shows as charge on my credit card on the same date. Below is from my credit card. 

Capture.JPG

Which plan are you on? It seems like they needed to add $2 from your credit card to make the balance to $20. If you are on a $20 plan, then this makes sense. Please post a screenshot of the full payment history from your self-serve account, and it will tell us exactly what is going on. 

info8

It shows credit in My Account payment history but shows as charge on my credit card on the same date. Below is from my credit card. 

Capture.JPG

@DOA wrote:

If it's under the Credits(payments) column it's a reward for paying automatically by credit card.  It's a discount, not a charge.

Do you autopay by credit card?

I was going to to say something about this, but then I noticed exactly how Public Mobile has set up the self serve payment history.  By very defiinition, debit means left side and credit means right side, yet Public Mobile has reversed this. I supposed that it in the end, this doesn't matter much as long as the numbers are correct, but I would not be suprised if this might be adding to the confusion.

Payment history does not show the AP reward as a Top-up is shows it as a reward as follows:

Ap.JPG

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@info8 wrote:

I got $2 charge for automatic top-up but could not find any add-on/top-up to my current plan. Who is able to solve this problem? Thanks.

Capture.JPG

That column is credit to your account.  Your balance is $20 after this $2 credit.

The balance of the previous entry should be $18.  Please confirm.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@info8 wrote:

Capture.JPG

@info8 If it is from a credit column, that means it was your 2$ Autopay reward, not a charge.

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If it's under the Credits(payments) column it's a reward for paying automatically by credit card.  It's a discount, not a charge.

Do you autopay by credit card?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@info8 wrote:

Capture.JPG

@info8  Check you payment history or post a screenshot of your payment history for the past 30 days. More than likely it was the AutoPay charge to renew your plan or maybe you made a one time payment.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try to log into your account.  Usually $2 is a reward for autopay.

Need Help? Let's chat.