cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem to pay my bill using a credit card

FernandaPesce
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I have been trying to make a payment online (my first bill payment) and there is an error saying that it's not possible to complete the transaction and that I need to call my credit card provider. I called them and it seems that everything is ok (so they can't help). The problem is that have been 4 days that I am trying to pay my bill and even contacting Public mobile I still have the same problem. Public mobile is saying that they don't know why the error still apearing (even the credi card saying that should be working). The only option that they gave me is to go to a kiosk and buy a voucher, but my schedule is really crazy ( idk if I will be able to go in person before my due date that is tomorrow). I just tried to pass by one kiosk and it was closed. Someone is having / had the same problem? 

6 REPLIES 6

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@FernandaPesce wrote:

Hello, 

I have been trying to make a payment online (my first bill payment) and there is an error saying that it's not possible to complete the transaction and that I need to call my credit card provider. I called them and it seems that everything is ok (so they can't help). The problem is that have been 4 days that I am trying to pay my bill and even contacting Public mobile I still have the same problem. Public mobile is saying that they don't know why the error still apearing (even the credi card saying that should be working). The only option that they gave me is to go to a kiosk and buy a voucher, but my schedule is really crazy ( idk if I will be able to go in person before my due date that is tomorrow). I just tried to pass by one kiosk and it was closed. Someone is having / had the same problem? 

@FernandaPesce Public's payment system needs an overhaul like yesterday. The problem 99.9% of the time has nothing to do with your credit card.

Instead of accepting the automatic amount owing try selecting the custom amount option and enter the amount owing manually.  That technique has allowed me to get around the error that you described above.

Hope this helps!

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @FernandaPesce 

Don't remove your credit card yet from your autopay.

Try making payment using 611.

You can get voucher at most gas stations, you can make one time payment without affecting your credit card on file. I believe Esso has it but many other will have it too. Corner stores and 711 have it too

You can also buy voucher online a recharge.com

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there!

Here is SIMon--> SIMon, our friendly chatbot which is waiting to help you with this. He know a lot of tricks regarding situations like this one. 

Wish you a great day!

Are you leaving the apartment section blank? If not, leave that section blank and try your card. If you're leaving it blank and still not working you'd have to contact moderators again and ask that they investigate further.

You can buy top up vouchers online at recharge.com. They even take Paypal. It's a bit more to use recharge.com

As for locations to buy top up vouchers there are many, shell, esso, Walmart, convenience stores.. 

See link below on numerous locations.

Vouchers click here 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

The CC info (including your name and address) you enter has to match exactly what your credit card has on file. If you try the same card too many times, it can get locked/refused by PM. Then you'll need Moderator help to reset it.

Always leave the apartment field empty/blank. If you live in an apartment, enter your adderss as follows: "1-123 Main St" if you live in apartment #1.

Btw do you have another card you can try?

You can also top-up your account through services like recharge.com (note that they charge a small fee).

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@FernandaPesce 

Have you tried calling 611 from your phone?

you can make a payment by calling 611 as well.

Try that option and see what happens.

Cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.