cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrong email address

hoagie_waterloo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi!,

I set up an account for my father on the 12th of August and he gave me the wrong spelling of his email address and he also didn't have his Bell account number to port his phone number. So I cant log into his account to make the changes. Is there any help?

16 REPLIES 16

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

@will13am  Sounds like OP has an issue with a incomplete/stuck port so they would need assistance by a moderator.

@hoagie_waterloo wrote:

His out going phopne works but not the incoming...that's why I need to get into the account to change the email and add his old bell account number. I have contacted a moderator and I will wait to hear from them.

That is usually the sign of port, he can use bell sim while it's still porting. If you are waiting for more than48 hours moderators should look into it. 

Usually it's done in less than 2 hours but may use two days

@hoagie_waterloo wrote:

His out going phopne works but not the incoming...that's why I need to get into the account to change the email and add his old bell account number. I have contacted a moderator and I will wait to hear from them.

@hoagie_waterloo  Hopefully you included your Dad's correct Bell account number when you messaged the moderators. If not, it would be a good idea to send another message with that info.

The fact that incoming is not working suggests the port from Bell is incomplete or stuck.

If you just ported a number recently, this may take care of itself when the port completes. Incoming calls are the last to start after a port.

Either way, the other issues should be resolved by the moderators. Good Luck!

hoagie_waterloo

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hoagie_waterloo  if you are unable to login with the mis-spelt email address and password then you will need to contact the moderator_team.  You will need to ask them to change both the selfserve username and the email address on file. 

Moderators verify accounts via sms or account login.  And worst case pin number and or other criteria.

If you activated on a temp number then you should be able to receive the sms verification, not sure about this on a stuck port

@hoagie_waterloo wrote:

Well I can't. I get invailid email or password error.

If the email is really non existent maybe the self serve was never created. Did you try to set up the self serve account?

@Triguy wrote:

You would need moderator's assistance.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

OP doesn't seem to have the necessary information on the account.  It would not be possible to pass the account verification.  You are a little too hasty in recommending moderator team contact. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@hoagie_waterloo, you will need account information in order to have access to the account.  I would suggest finding out wha the "mis-spelled" email address is.  With it, you will be able to login.  To Public Mobile, they do not know anything about emails being mis-spelled.  They will work with whatever the customer supplies as the username/email. 

With respect to number porting, the information on the sending account is needed to submit a port.  There is no way around that. 

@geopublic wrote:

@hoagie_waterloo wrote:

Hi!,

I set up an account for my father on the 12th of August and he gave me the wrong spelling of his email address and he also didn't have his Bell account number to port his phone number. So I cant log into his account to make the changes. Is there any help?

@hoagie_waterloo  You should still be able to access the account using selfserve by providing the incorrect spelled email address as the username.

Looks like this got posted while i was typing, I'm slow today

What happens when you try to reset password using the incorrect email

hoagie_waterloo

Well I can't. I get invailid email or password error.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Try logging in with the wrong address than change the address to the correct one.

Contact bell for needed information then you can do port from selfserve

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@hoagie_waterloo wrote:

Hi!,

@hoagie_waterloo  You should still be able to access the account using selfserve by providing the incorrect spelled email address as the username.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

He should be able to get his account number from bell by phone or on his bill. Some come by email, but I assume that one is correct.

Do you know the incorrect spelling?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would need moderator's assistance.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.