cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to come back to Public

markemark
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi!  I recently purchased a new phone from Freedom, and a corresponding plan.  However, I've realized their network is nothing compared to Public's and I want to come back.  I have gotten off of autopay (for my previous phone on Public), and declared my SIM card lost, so effectively, I am no longer a Public customer.  I want to pay off my new phone with Freedom, close my account with them, and port my new number to Public.  Would someone be able to help guide me in what to do here?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

14 REPLIES 14

If I do that, will I still be able to port my new number?

@markemark yes if you purchase a new sim card and change it in your self serve you can port your number over. just contact moderators to do that for you. make sure to keep your freedom account active

winston11

Well u can always buy a sim card and transfer ur number to Public Mobile or if u need help u can always go to Wow Boutique and they can help u out porting ur number for free, the only thing they will charge u is for the plan and the sim card.

Yes @markemark just contact the moderators and ask them to port it for you. Type " Port Request " and follow the prompts to get to one. Give them the name on the account,  number to port and the Freedom account number.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome back to PM .

markemark

If I do that, will I still be able to port my new number?

@markemark wrote:

Hi and thank you for your response!  My account is probably still active, but I stupidly threw away my PM SIM card.  What I am thinking I will do is use a different email address, sign up as a new customer and get a new PM SIM card.  Then port my number.  Is this course of action correct?

Thanks

@markemark  If your PM account is still active, get a new sim, sign in and choose "change sim card" under your profile box on the right side.

@markemark wrote:

Hi and thank you for your response!  My account is probably still active, but I stupidly threw away my PM SIM card.  What I am thinking I will do is use a different email address, sign up as a new customer and get a new PM SIM card.  Then port my number.  Is this course of action correct?

Thanks

@markemark  Not a problem. Just purchase a new PM sim card go into your selfserve account and select the change sim card option. No need to re-activate.

cs.png

markemark

Thanks

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@markemark  If you can still login to selfserve that means that your account with Public Mobile is not suspended so you can continue to use it once you come back.

Note that if you do not renew your plan with Public Mobile past 90 days you account will get suspended and you will have to start as a new customer and purchase a new Public Mobile sim card.

If you decide to come back from Freedom and your account is still active you just need to add a credit card to your account enable AutoPay and declare your phone found. The simply insert your existing PM sim car in your phone and away you go.

If your account has been suspended then let us know when you are ready to rejoin PM and we will walk you through it.

markemark

Thanks!  No I did not port my number from Public to Freedom, it's a new number.  How would I go about "unlocking" the phone from Freedom?

Thanks

@markemark if its been less than 90 days and you didn't port your number, try logging into your old PM self service account. If you can, you can re add your credit card, get a new sim card and switch your SIM cards. choose a temporary number and contact the moderators to port your number from Freedom. Welcome back. Stay safe. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would need to keep your account with Freedom open during the porting process.

Once your port is completed then your Freedom account would be closed.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@markemark wrote:

I want to pay off my new phone with Freedom, close my account with them, and port my new number to Public.  Would someone be able to help guide me in what to do here?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

@markemark  Make sure you DO NOT close your Freedom account until after you port your number to PM. As long as your account is paid up and in good standing it will close AFTER you port your number here. Welcome back!

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@markemark Hello has your account been closed/suspended more than 90 days if so you will have to start all over with a new Sim and a new email address

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@markemark hi, did you port your number from public to freedom? 

if this is true, you will need a new sim card

• account number and details
  • unlock the phone you are purchasing from freedom
Need Help? Let's chat.