cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to port from Koodo- waiting 10+ days

FeelGoodNic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I'm posting on behalf of my partner as I was the one that recommended he sign up for Public Mobile.

We activated his account and requested a port from Koodo over 10 days ago, and there has been no response from Public Mobile- that's 10 days he's been paying for 2 services, one of which he hasn't been able to make use of.

He has also tried messaging the mods but hasn't heard anything back.

I understand Public Mobile are swamped after all the new registrations but after 10 days and still no sign of him being able to use the service, I'm really regretting that I ever recommended it to him.

Is there anyone that is able to assist us with this? We would really appreciate any help.

Some info:

1- We set the account up with a temporary number as instructed and requested a port via the PM website and later, through the moderators.

2- Unfortunately the Koodoo account and the PM account share an email address- we didn't see anything telling us not to do this so it didn't occur to us to use different emails, and it seems neither PM nor Koodo will allow you to easily change the email after setting up the accounts so I'm not sure what we can do here?

6 REPLIES 6

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @FeelGoodNic

I'm really sorry about this inconvenient! I understand your frustration, we are working hard to solve all of our customers' issues. 

If your partner still needs assistance, please send me this info: 

- Koodo number that he wants to port 

- Koodo account number

- Public Mobile SIM card number

Thank you!

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

ladypingping
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was with Koodo too and requested PM to help me port my number as instructed, after 5 days no response, I decided to try porting it myself and it worked.

Log in to your PM account, and click on "Change number" and follow the instructions there.

I used the same email address for both service and it hasn't been a problem.

Good luck!

renof
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Are you able to log into the PM account?

If so, have you tried to port the number?  If you did, what error are you getting?

Telus2Koodo2PM

Same here. Please fix this pronto. I think we should start tagging Telus into twitter since they are its parent network.

CollieWallie

I went through the same Bs. Through twitter they fixed it in 24 hours. Weird as they say the same people monitor here and facebook too and that they're not ignoring us....what they're doing is the definition of ignoring. Someone should send them a dictionary for christmas!

Anyhoo, twitter your best bet. Was ignored on Fb too.

Good luck!

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Not much you can do except wait for the mods' help.  You should edit your post to also tag a moderator's name.

See here for further info on how to contact mods:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

Need Help? Let's chat.