cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble activating

MZHR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi trying to do activation but received error messages- invalid sim, no referral, and self serve username not available although I double checked and tried twice, still won’t work. Everything was correct. Also wondering how I go about keeping my current number? Help would be appreciated thanks. 

13 REPLIES 13

Master2001
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MZHR  a écrit :

Ok recd unlocking code, completed everything else fine...tried 3 times, unlocking code is unsuccessful. Any idea? Trying to contact previous provider that just gave me the code.

Be careful, after 10 unsuccessful tries you phone will be lock!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MZHR wrote:

Does anyone know why the pin they gave me won’t work? 

Ask again. Maybe a different agent will give you something different. It's possible that they gave you a different kind of unlock. I'm not sure. My old Blackberry OS10 has 3 levels of unlock. I don't recall which ones were unlocked prior to being fully unlocked.

MZHR

Does anyone know why the pin they gave me won’t work? 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@MZHR  sounds like if you have to call your old provider and get them to unlock the phone!  They'll give you a pin to input on the phone 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MZHR wrote:

Sonim xp7. Sim network unlock pin.

That message does mean you need to get the previous provider to unlock the phone.

MZHR

Sonim xp7. Sim network unlock pin.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@MZHRWhat is the exact wording of your current error message? What phone is it? It could be asking for the SIM PUK code? Which would be different from the unlocking code.

MZHR

Ok recd unlocking code, completed everything else fine...tried 3 times, unlocking code is unsuccessful. Any idea? Trying to contact previous provider that just gave me the code.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@MZHR hi do not cancel your account untill your number is ported or you wont be able to keep it

GR
Mayor / Maire

@MZHR  don't cancel your service!!  You can get your phone unlocked without cancelling your service.  Once you port over your old phone number then it will close your old account. When you call them just ask for the unlock code or if it's an iPhone ask to get it unlocked  that's it. Don't mention closing the account!! 

MZHR

Thanks very much. Also wondering, how do I keep the number I want to port active? I know I need to cancel my current provider First to get the unlocking code to use the PM sim...won’t cancelling them make my number inactive? Thanks

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@MZHR , as already noted you need to wait an hour for the session lock on the SIM card to end to try again.  Try using incognito mode on your browser.  Here's a start guide with details on how to complete the activation.  Number porting is also covered.  Good luck.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Start-Guide-Setup-Activation-Port-Dat...

GR
Mayor / Maire

You'll probably have to wait an hour to try again. When you activate pick a new number and after your done the activation and calls, text and data work on that new number then go back in your new account and port your old number that you want to keep!  Also keep your old number active so you'll be able to port it

Need Help? Let's chat.