Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Number Was Not Transferred

Eve_14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi All!

Activated my SIM with Public.

Called Rogers to confirm the number transfer.

The Number was not transferred.

Please advise. 

Currently away from Canada. 

7 REPLIES 7

kkololsky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When you set up the transfer, did you choose to transfer via IMEI or your old account number? I had an issue where I entered my IMEI and the number wasnt ported over, but I used my account number from my previous provider and was able to port the number over instantly with no issues. On-top of this, as many people have said, you will get a text asking you to reply "YES" to port your number over. Hopefully this help, and best of luck!

Cheers.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Eve_14 wrote:

Hi All!

Activated my SIM with Public.

Called Rogers to confirm the number transfer.

The Number was not transferred.

Please advise. 

Currently away from Canada. 

@BlueB 

I think what many members are missing from the OP is the above important piece of information.

@Eve_14 

If you are not in Canada and not in the US with a 10 day roaming add on your pmservices will not work. If you are in the US without a roaming add on you can recieve incoming texts only you cannot send them. However your Rogers sim will work to recieve and reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization) text within 90 minutes. Once your port completes then only your incoming texts will work if you are in the US but your pm sim card cannot connect to pm to update the provisioning of your sim card with the new info that your port is complete so you cannot recieve any additional services until you return to Canada.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Eve_14 

Just to confirm, how do you know that your number was not transferred?  Are incoming calls/text messages not coming through?  Do they still go to the old Rogers SIM card?

Usually, the transfer authorization is confirmed via automatic text message to the original/old provider (ie. Rogers in this case).  Usually people don't call Rogers to do this.  If you log into your old Rogers account, does it show Active or Cancelled?

If you missed the 90 minute window for the original authorization request via text message, you can try and reply anyways.  Sometimes it will re-trigger a new authorization request.  Failing this, you may be able to reach out for help on the Public Mobile/Telus side but let us know how it goes and we can point you in the right direction.

In many cases, it's better to activate the SIM card with a new/temporary phone number, then transfer/port your phone number separately afterwards.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As you are currently away from Canada there are very few options you can try. If your number is still active then you can request Rogers to initiate port out again as you need to reply 'YES' to the authorization text within 90 minutes for the provider to go forward with the port out steps.

@Eve_14 

I think there may be some confusion on the Rogers side of things....has your Rogers account been closed? If yes porting has completed. If no then the issue may be partly the fact you are not in Canada to be able to reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it.

Call Rogers and ask them for the number they provide to verbally authorize a port. Then you must call the telus porting department to reinitiate the port request. Explain to them you will be doing a verbal authoriation. Then call the number rogers provided. Verif your account and give verbal authoization to Rogers. Rogers will then release your number for porting into pm. The port will complete within 2 hours.

If the telus porting department number has not yet been provided to you in your private messages please mention it and I can send it to you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Eve_14 

do you get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

you will be very happy..with a Beautiful Service..

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Eve_14  did you reply YES to a text sent by Rogers to allow the porting?

if you did, sound like you did as Rogers confirmed you, it might still take 30 minutes to 2 hours for the port to complete.  When did you reply the text?

There is a number for PM porting team you can reach out to and they can confirm the porting status.  I will message you via Community inbox, envelope icon on top right

Need Help? Let's chat.