cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card doesn’t work

NelizH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I’m from Sweden but live in Vancouver for exchange, and my phone was bought in Sweden. I just got a public mobile sim card and my phone is telling me that the sim card doesn’t work in my phone. I checked my IMEI number before buying the sim card and it told me that it would work. I got it at London Drugstore if that matters. What can I do?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

NelizH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm so sorry everyone, apparently my phone was locked so there wasn't an issue with the sim card, it was an issue with my Swedish provider. Thank you for your help anyway!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NelizH many phones sold in the European market are not compatible, and unfortunately the IMEI checker on Public Mobile's site is very inaccurate and known for giving false positives.  You can verify more accurately at https://www.willmyphonework.net, or just post your brand and model (be as specific as possible with the model number) here and we can help.  But it sounds like either your phone is not compatible, or it could be locked to your Swedish provider.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@NelizH wrote:

Hi,

I’m from Sweden but live in Vancouver for exchange, and my phone was bought in Sweden. I just got a public mobile sim card and my phone is telling me that the sim card doesn’t work in my phone. I checked my IMEI number before buying the sim card and it told me that it would work. I got it at London Drugstore if that matters. What can I do?

Thank you

Hi and welcome. Did you set up your account and activate your card prior to installing in your phone? If you did, check your account and see if it says that it is active and you have a plan.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Welcom to VAncouver,  enjoy the sun while it lasts,  the rain is coming 🙂  anyways back to your issue

1) what phone are you using and is it locked?

2) can you try the sim in a different phone (a friend or roommate)  this isolates hardware issues vs account issues.

3) what is the exact message re teh sim card?  

Need Help? Let's chat.