cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card sizes

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I activated a new account with a new phone number today at Walmart. I want to set up self-serve, which requires you to receive a text message with a verification code. The problem is that the phone that will be used with this account needs a regular, full-sized SIM - but I won't have access to that phone for a week and a half. I was hoping to use my phone to set up the online self-serve account in the meantime - but my phone needs a nano SIM.

Does anyone know if I can pop out the nano-sized SIM, use that in my phone, but keep the extra full-sized SIM bits and "reassemble" it before putting it in the other phone later on? Or do you need to make sure the SIM pieces all stay together?

5 REPLIES 5

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cappaj, yes once you take out the nano, keep the borders for the larger SIM slots, and once you need them, put the Nano back in the middle and slowly slide it into the other phone.  I've done that many times in the past, still works perfectly fine.

cappaj

@stonechucker wrote:

Yes, you can save your pieces.  I put the spare parts in an old phone so I don't lose them!

I have a ziploc bag full of bits and pieces from the first two accounts I set up, haha.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Yes, you can save your pieces.  I put the spare parts in an old phone so I don't lose them!

cappaj

@GreatCanadian wrote:

I don't have my old "pieces", but from what I recall, yes you will be able to do that. If not, you can buy SIM adapters which will serve the same purpose.

GC

Thanks! And I forgot to try to search for my answer first - this is from a few years ago but one of the people who responded said it worked no problem:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Plan-to-switch-phone-Can-I-assemble-t...

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I don't have my old "pieces", but from what I recall, yes you will be able to do that. If not, you can buy SIM adapters which will serve the same purpose.

GC

Need Help? Let's chat.