cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retroactive Refer A Friend

Der_Alte
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Curious if there is a way to a Refer a Friend after activation.  Used to be that way on an account I got for my daugther, but it changed.  Walmart guy never mentioned it.  Appears I am hooped now.  Of course there is no customer service to appeal to.  I have two Public accounts I am paying for and can't take advantage.  Walmart clerk was detracted by system issues where the system was down for hours.  He had to call it in manually.  Number port took 4 hours to go through.  Hoping for someone from Public to make it right but it seems like this is the only forum and I'm screaming at a brick wall.  My biggest beef with Public is that things can go wrong on no fault of the customer and there is nobody who can make it up to you.  Get it right the first time or be screwed.  Customer service does not exist.  That is my big take away when discussing the brand.

10 REPLIES 10

GR
Mayor / Maire

@marilund @ also log in to your self serve account and on the top right hand corner of the overview page you'll see your unique refferal code to give to your friends 

Stay Safe!

marilund

Help, I need to talk to a moderator about refer a friend.

ive referred a few friends in the past, and all they had to do when they signed up was put my phone number in the application form when they signed up. Now, things have changed and they need a special code from me , in order for me to get the credit. I did not know about this change and the guy in the store who helped my sister sign up,said it was too late because she didn’t have my code. That happened to another friend too. So now I have 2 friends who signed up because I referred them, and I didn’t get the credit.

Can you help me still get the credit now?

thanks

Stay Safe!

Der_Alte

The Moderator team came through and successfully resolved this issue.  Thanks to everyone for your help!  It's a bit of a different way of doing customer service, but the end result works and that's all I need!

@Der_Alte 

There is customer service, it just isn’t done the way you envision it being done. No one is out of service so this request is the ideal use of online customer service.

But it sounds as though you have been through this once before! I think it is up to the person making a referal to be certain their referal info is used for a new activation. IE: right from the get go asking at a dealer to ensure they will use your referal info. If not, go to a different dealer or do it yourself online. Referrals are no longer done by giving your phone number either. This changed a month or so ago.

All that said, I know it is disappointing to have missed out on a referal credit so try the moderators, they might be feeling your pain!

Terry

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would ask the moderator team about this, they might be able to help

Der_Alte

Thanks.  I have sent them a PM and will let you know how it goes.  I don't mind waiting for help and am pretty tech saavy and self sufficient (in my own opinion at least...should have looked at the details closer).  At any rate, knowing who to make the case to helps.  Being able to resolve an issue like this will go a long way with my perception of the brand.  Don't mind waiting...but a forum to at least make a case for an appeal is all I'm looking for.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Der_Alte 

You can contact Moderator_team to explain the situation. They should be able to help. Patience, response time can vary up to 2+ days.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Der_AlteYou can try the moderators via this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

However do note they are not obligated to do it for you.. so ask nicely.. expect them to respond in ~48 hours.

Customer service exists but very slow and the user must really know what they are doing. If people wants help and hand holding it is best to upgrade one tier to Koodo (post paid) or Telus.

Need Help? Let's chat.