cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotions

troyfy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How often do promotions come up? I was wanting to get a PM sim card for my daughter. Should I get it now, or wait until the weekend? Last month they had the $25 referral bonus and then the last weekend they had the free month promotion. Is that an anomoly to get so many promotions in the same month, or do they occur quite regularly?

6 REPLIES 6

Dylan3

Well it depends on how much money you are willing to spend on a plan

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SD08 wrote:

Promotion timing can be unpredictable, but do come up fairly often lately.  You can get an idea of how often by looking here.  My advice is to keep an eye on the announcements on the home page of this community. Also, buy the SIM in advance (especially if ordering online) so you'll be ready when the promos appear.

Unless the in-store PM promos are better 🙂

As it is, Walmart seems to, maybe on a constant basis, offer the SIM for free when activating in-store. I think London Drugs often has their own little in-store offerings as well.

lukealex121

Most of the time there’s at least one a month - for either online or retail activation, and there is also sometimes a “Flash Weekend Sale”, which will last for 2 days only, so like the others have said, I’d recommend buying a sim now, and just waiting until a promotion starts. 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Promotion timing can be unpredictable, but do come up fairly often lately.  You can get an idea of how often by looking here.  My advice is to keep an eye on the announcements on the home page of this community. Also, buy the SIM in advance (especially if ordering online) so you'll be ready when the promos appear.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@troyfy wrote:

How often do promotions come up? I was wanting to get a PM sim card for my daughter. Should I get it now, or wait until the weekend? Last month they had the $25 referral bonus and then the last weekend they had the free month promotion. Is that an anomoly to get so many promotions in the same month, or do they occur quite regularly?

I would recommend ordering the SIM now online and when the promo comes up you can take advantage of it from the comfort of your own via online activattion.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@troyfy wrote:

Crystal balls have a nasty habit of mal-functioning all the time.

iirc back in the Black Friday - Xmas kinda timeframe, there were at one time like 5 "promos" going at the same time.

Need Help? Let's chat.