cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting landline from Yak Communications

mahadeotahal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I opened a new account yesterday and tried to port over my landline from Yak. I got several error messages and I believe the form has flaws in the info it requests.

Nevertheless, I took a temporary number and am now reaching out to the Moderator to finish off the porting process. At the end of this exercise, it would be good for the moderator to address the issue of errors received. For starters, the form does not ask for your account number at the previous carrier.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

8 REPLIES 8

Sorry for you @mahadeotahal  but we can do nothing... we are customers and don’t have access to your account...Smiley Frustrated

mahadeotahal

As of now, February 20, 2019 8:30 PM, I have not seen a response on:

1) Whether anyone has undertaken to assist with this porting

2) Confirmation that there's a flaw in the transfer process for landline and some indication when it will be fixed by PM

Yes, VOIP takes much longer to port.  When you try to port VOIP or landline, it doesn't ask for PIN, account number, IMEI.  It just asks for name and billing information fo the landline account.

mahadeotahal

No. I should have taken a snapshot of the fields that it was requesting.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The port form usually has:

name on account

imei #

pin number 

and account number

were none of these visable?

mahadeotahal

Thanks. I send a Private Message to the Moderator at the same time as the post. I realize it will take some time but at this point I need:

a) Confirmation that the Mod can help and has started the process to port my number at Yak

b) Thenceforth, an internal inquiry on the Porting Form and why it is not functioning. Note that I dont know if this is the responsibility of the Mod.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@mahadeotahal Just a note that landline number will take a while (upto a week or so) to port successfully. So be sure to keep your landline account active. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mahadeotahal

You can you use your PM SIM card to call out while waiting for your landline number to be ported.  Your incoming calls will continue to go to your home phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.