cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port number

Oreo1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone 
I was with bell. Then I decided to try lucky mobile and ported my bell number to lucky mobile 2 weeks ago . But now i want to port my number from lucky mobile to public mobile. How long will i have to wait to port my number? 

6 REPLIES 6

Oreo1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Bell is expensive. I tried public mobile sim in iphone 11max pro and i had trouble with sending text messages. It was sending same messages twice to the receieptent. And i also was getting notification for incoming text once the messages were sent. But when i opened my message there was no message. And once my phone was connected to wifi , my phone will send another same iMessage to receiptent  . And i  looked up on apple website and found out iphone 11 pro max is not compatible with public mobile. 
then i found out lucky is compatible. I am trying lucky but its doing the same thing , sending 1 message twice but it doesn't send me notifications for incoming text on message icon on my phone. But yesterday I didn't receive text message from my work . That was pain. So i am thinking of going back to public mobile. I already have activated sim card. I dnt need much of data or calls . I love free international text messages.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Oreo1  great to see you doing some research.   Public and Lucky run on the same network.  they offer similar plans.  PM does offer rewards to lower bills but lucky has unlimited data once you reach your data limit.  just beaware of this fact.

if you use a referal when signing up you will receive a $10 bill credit.  if you dont have a referal ask someone in this thread.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Oreo1 wrote:

Hi everyone 
I was with bell. Then I decided to try lucky mobile and ported my bell number to lucky mobile 2 weeks ago . But now i want to port my number from lucky mobile to public mobile. How long will i have to wait to port my number? 

There's  no limit how often you can port the same number. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Oreo1 wrote:

Hi everyone 

@Oreo1  Waiting to activate with public mobile as suggested by @geopublic and @LovesToPM is good advice. You have about 2 weeks left in your current cycle with lucky. Hang out in the community and learn as much as you can about public mobile and decide if it's service is for you. Sign up for deal alerts on the plans page. Then when the next flash sale/promo comes up (likely black friday) you will already know if you want to sign up and can act to activate. Entering the current contest you may even win an extra promo code that you can stack with a flash sale. Choose a temporary number when you first activate to make the transition easier and then port your number in...just do it before your lucky plan ends so give yourself a couple of days grace period.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Oreo1 wrote:

Hi everyone 

@Oreo1  Porting from Lucky to Public should not take more than 4 hours max to complete.

You will need your Lucky account number, name on yhe Lucky account and your number.

Best to activate your Public sim with a temporary number first. Once you activated the sim and setup your selfserve account then you can setup the port by accessing your selfserve serve account and choosing the change number option.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Oreo1 wrote:

Hi everyone 

Hi, you can do it any time.

However since you already paid for a full month, you can wait a few more days.

Do you have any questions about Public Mobile?

Which plan do you want to get?

Any particular reason why you left bell? And are you unhappy with lucky mobile?

Keep in mind that PM is not for everyone. You will save money, but you will should be a DIYer. There is no call center. There is community forum support. And moderators need to contacted via online tickets for account related issues.

Need Help? Let's chat.