cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan price change?

Kidmui
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I am wondering if there has been a price change to the plans. I am currently on the $120/6GB (4G/LTE) for 90 days plan. My friend is interested in this plan as well. But when we checked on the website, it seems like it has become $135/6GB now. I haven't been checking for while so didn't realize that there was a price increase. It seems like it is only for new customers, is it right? Just wondering if it will affect my current plan, and also if my friend will be getting something different than mine as a new customer.

Sorry if it has been asked before. Thanks in advance for your help.

3 REPLIES 3

@smp99, the $25 activation promo expired last week, and it was only available to those who activated and used a friend’s referral ONLINE.

To see all current offers, I suggest looking at the Announcements forum, and reading the various posts offering special plans, and paying attention to the details contained in the main body, and the spoilers of the first post in each thread.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kidmui, I cannot comment on the price increase.  However, if you are paying $120, then you will continue to pay $120 as long as you stay on the plan and PM doesn't increase the price for customers already on the plan.  Even though this can happen at any time, it is not likely for the time being.  PM Tried to raise the price on an old 'grandfathered' plan a while back but changed their mind after a huge backlash.  Always keep your eyes open, and if the price does go up, re-evaluate your needs and options.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Kidmui

Typically when there are price changes they only affect those who are new or people who want to switch plans. Public Mobile has a reputation for not changing plan prices so long as you don't change plans. That's not to say they can't, it's just they have not in the past.

Having said that, there are other plans available now that may be even better that what your plan is. Very  popular now is a $40 / 4.5GB (30 days) plan that includes unlimited Cda wide calling. It is considered a 3G plan but most on it find it just as good for everyday data phone requirements. You may even want to switch to it.

In addition, if your friend signs up at Walmart and provides your number as a referral, they get a $25 bonus and I think another $10 referral bonus plus free sim. And you would get a $1 discount each month. 

There are a number of thread here discussing all of this.

Need Help? Let's chat.