cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number no longer available after failed activation

Tragoul
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was attempting to activate a new sim card when my browser crashed.  Unfortunately when trying again the number i quite liked was now showing as unavailable which i find a little hard to believe because i live in a pretty remote area.  Upon a failed activation is a number held for a certain amount of time?

4 REPLIES 4

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Similar thing happened to me

I was able to get it the next day

I believe once you select it it will not be available for people to choose for some time as they don't want two different people to select the same number. So once you selected it is not available anymore. It will get back to the pool eventually. I initially had problem with payment so the number was gone for me, first had to wait for an hour to get my sim released from the session, then number was not there I had to pick another one, then my payment failed again. The next day I was able to get my card in order and I tried that number again and it was available

It would make sense to have the number released by the session when your sim number gets released as well, but it didn't happen for me. There may be some other logic behind that is beyond me

Give it a wait and try again later

Verify your account....you might have the number. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Tragoul , numbers are issued on a first come first serve basis and so what is available at one moment can become unavailable the next.  What you can do is complete the activation and get any number.  Then contact the moderators to see if the original number is actually taken and see if they can assign it to you if still available.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Tragoul dial the number. If someone answers, then you are out of luck.  If not, you could try after midnight eastern tonight to see if you can pick it up. I think that's when numbers are released. 

Since its a PM numnber, you can also try contacting the moderators to see if they can catch it for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.