cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK Code

ADEON
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, just got my new SIM card, but can't activate it in my phone, asking PUK Code.

Where can I get it?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

@ADEON wrote:

@Luddite  Do you know, how fast can I get answer from Moderators Team?

No one knows. You could pick up a new SIM and change the SIM in your self serve account. New SIMs do not need a PUK to activate. Risks $10, unfortunately.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@ADEON wrote:

Uncertain at this point. They had system issues last few days and look to be pretty backed up. Some people waiting 50+ hours for a response.

So to be safe 2 to 5 days at this point.

To open a ticket see pic below.Simon.JPG

ADEON

ADEON

I enetered wrong PIN  three times, so for now I need PUK

ADEON

@Luddite Thank you for your help. Just sent them message

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@ADEON 

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

• Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

• Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted at the following address: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

• Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ADEON wrote:

Hi, just got my new SIM card, but can't activate it in my phone, asking PUK Code.

Where can I get it?

Thanks

A newly activated Sim card will not ask for a PUK code. PUK code is if you enter your sim card lock code/number Wrong TEN times, that is when you need the PUK code.

Are you sure it's not something else. 

Need Help? Let's chat.