cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not impressed and need help

swann69
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently (6 days ago) went to my local cell shop to transfer my existing accout with Virgin pre-paid mobile to here.  I still don't have full services with Publc.  I can call out from my phone, i can text some people and can't with others.  I can recieve calls from other cells but not from landlines, but can call everyone without  issues.  I went back today to the local cell shop and he did a test call from the landline and it still rings up as Virgin mobile but goes straight to voice mail, to an account that is supposedly CLOSED.  I am super uninpressed with not having an actual person to contact here and get this problem resolved asap as i need to be able to recieve landline calls and texts from certain family members.  Had i known beforehand of all the trouble switching was going to create i would never have bothered. PLEASE HELP

2 REPLIES 2

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@swann69Do expect Public Mobile is the lowest tier of the Telus empire.. while Virgin is consider the mid range of the Bell empire, so customer service will not be in the same league.

It sounds like you have a stuck port. You might want to contact the moderators about it if it is has been 6 days. Expect to hear from them in up to 48 hours.

Also just be glad the Virgin Mobile number hasn't been closed, that means you can still move back if you want to.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@swann69 wrote:

I recently (6 days ago) went to my local cell shop to transfer my existing accout with Virgin pre-paid mobile to here.  I still don't have full services with Publc.  I can call out from my phone, i can text some people and can't with others.  I can recieve calls from other cells but not from landlines, but can call everyone without  issues.  I went back today to the local cell shop and he did a test call from the landline and it still rings up as Virgin mobile but goes straight to voice mail, to an account that is supposedly CLOSED.  I am super uninpressed with not having an actual person to contact here and get this problem resolved asap as i need to be able to recieve landline calls and texts from certain family members.  Had i known beforehand of all the trouble switching was going to create i would never have bothered. PLEASE HELP

Send a private message to moderator for help.

Moderator wait time is up to 2 days.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

While you are waiting for moderator, try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan features.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If your Virgin SIM card still working?

Need Help? Let's chat.