cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to send or receive texts.

vlvermey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cancelled my account with Virgin on 23/01/2020.

I activated my new SIM and got locked out.

I contacted Virgin and got them to unlock it.

I can call out and receive.

Messenger works.

I have the default messaging app for LG G4

I am receiving texts from sister who has Telus.

I cannot receive from sons or hubbie who have Virgin.

I am not able to send to anyone.

I have confirmed my phone is compatible with LTE network.

My APN is:Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,supl,mms,dun

I have powered off many times, put my Virgin SIM back in the phone (doesn't work) and now need help.

9 REPLIES 9

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The Virgin account needed to be active to port the number to PM therefore you will need moderator assistance by clicking ?, bottom right, follow instructions to submit a ticket. The issues stated are vague in this thread. Hard to know what exactly is wrong.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@vlvermey wrote:

Messenger works.

I have the default messaging app for LG G4

I am receiving texts from sister who has Telus.

I cannot receive from sons or hubbie who have Virgin.

I am not able to send to anyone.

I have confirmed my phone is compatible with LTE network.

My APN is:Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,supl,mms,dun

I have powered off many times, put my Virgin SIM back in the phone (doesn't work) and now need help.

@vlvermey

In order to be able to port your number from Virgin the account needs to be active. When setting up the port you need to provide your Virgin account number.

What happens when a Virgin customer calls your number? If you do not receive the call using your PM sim then your port did not complete.

If your Virgin sim does not work then your account is not active so your port cannot complete.

Best to submit a ticket to PM you might have to pick a new number for your phone to start working.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@vlvermey As it's just texting issues with the native app, it's possible that a ”force" change of your SMS settings may solve the issue.  

• Go to Settings

• Then go to Mobile networks and select a network other than Public Mobile, Telus, or Koodo

• When you exit the menu the phone should lose the network.

• Repeat the process and select Public Mobile as your mobile network.

This procedure will force the update of the message centre number. You can verify it in your message settings.

BTW: thanks for the detailed information. 👍👍

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@vlvermey 

For LG G4, you need to do a network reset or factory reset after changing provider before your data working again.  But this has nothing to do with your texting issue unless your are not able to send or receive picture MMS which need data working.

You other folks, that have replied in this thread so far, seem to be assuming a few things that the OP isn't exactly clear about. I'm kind of leaning in the same direction, but that's a wee bit muddy for my liking....

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@vlvermey 

If your Virgin SIM card no longer works, Virgin had released your number to PM.

Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@vlvermey wrote:

Messenger works.

Sorry, but I'm confused by that sequence of events, and EXACTLY what you were trying to do.

Unless I read that wrong, you canceled your Virgin account BEFORE attempting to activate a PM SIM? If so, were you intending to use the same number you had with Virgin, on PM?

Also don't know what you meant by "got locked out", and then got Virgin to "unlock it"..... you got Virgin to unlock what? If your Virgin account was already canceled, what could they possibly unlock for PM?

derksen_13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If a reboot doesn't work you could try swapping sim cards with another phone and see if the issue follows the phone number, or if it's an issue with the phone

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

If a reboot does not help your have to contact moderators maybe they need to do something with your account.

Simon.JPG

Or private message them

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.