cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

cda
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

why am I getting a “no service” message?

7 REPLIES 7

@cda wrote:

why am I getting a “no service” message?

This says to me that either the phone isn't compatible, the network settings are incorrectly set (you require a 3g/HSPA network for phone calls at Public Mobile), or that there was a provisioning error during the activation process.

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

@cda 

If you just ported the number takes minimum a few hours for service to be completely working. Welcome to Public Mobile

Even if a number was requested to be ported in and the port in is not yet complete, the phone should not say "no service". 

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cda 

If you just ported the number takes minimum a few hours for service to be completely working. Welcome to Public Mobile

@cda  did your credit card renew recently? Did you receive a replacement card and forget to update it with PM?  You could try manually selecting PM as your network and restart your phone. Stay safe. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@cda  Put your phone in airplane mode for 5 minutes and then back to normal. Also try restarting your phone. If you are still getting the no service error and you just activated your account then your account was not provisioned properly. You need to click on the "?" and submit a ticket so that the moderator can reset your account.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@cda Please give us more info. Did you have it before? Did you port your number? What is your phone model? Did you try restarting phone or enabling/disabling Fly mode? Thanks.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

We would really need more information to assist you.

Did you just join?

Are you porting a number?

Have you been a client for awhile and it just stopped working?

Have you rebooted your phone?

What does it say in your account? Active? suspended?

Need Help? Let's chat.