cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming calls or texts

MeloraLake
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Switched over today to Public mobile and while I can call out or send texts, I can't receive any. Please help

3 REPLIES 3

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @MeloraLake , did you request porting as well during activation?

This might be normal as porting is not completed.

If you have requested porting, your old service provider will send an SMS to your old SIM and you need to reply within 90 mins  (you will need to have your old SIM in a phone to receive and reply).  Have you reply yet?

If so, it should be completed soon.  Just keep reboot your phone once in awhile to get an update

If you missed the SMS from your old provider, let us know and we can send you a phone number to call to re-trigger the process

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MeloraLake wrote:

Switched over today to Public mobile and while I can call out or send texts, I can't receive any. Please help

Hello @MeloraLake ,

Try:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Link to contact Moderators for porting to Public Mobile

MeloraLake
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Need Help? Let's chat.