cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No MMS service on Iphone 4 running iOS 7.2.1

bumble
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Looked at most of the threads for this problem on a Iphone 4....tried the suggested fixes...without success.   Can I assume that this problem can not be fixed as of this date?

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@Anonymous thanks for the suggestion, however, n this case I was mistaken, and it turns out I didn't have a link to find as it wasn't the solution.

I appreciate @CalgaryBen popping by to prove I had the wrong information.

No sweat. I don't keep a link either. I use the search and use "ios apn" and his is right up there. Grab the url and post. I understand in the rush to answer though 🙂

@Anonymous thanks for the suggestion, however, n this case I was mistaken, and it turns out I didn't have a link to find as it wasn't the solution.

I appreciate @CalgaryBen popping by to prove I had the wrong information.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

I believe just this week or last, someone else had an iPhone 4 and got it resolved.

@CalgaryBen, you're becoming a great iPhone reference.  @Luddite too!

Don't even need to beckon the guy...just link to the same link he provided to his totally awesome series of Apple posts.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bumble wrote:

Looked at most of the threads for this problem on a Iphone 4....tried the suggested fixes...without success.   Can I assume that this problem can not be fixed as of this date?

That's right... the iPhone 4 cannot do MMS on Public Mobile.  Ref: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323119/highlight...

The iPhone 4 can only use MMS on the major carriers (TELUS, Rogers, Bell, and perhaps some others in Canada) due to the configuration being hard-coded in the iOS, and not changeable.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

I believe just this week or last, someone else had an iPhone 4 and got it resolved.

@CalgaryBen, you're becoming a great iPhone reference.  @Luddite too!

Edit: As discovered below, this was not the case!  Sorry!  stonechucker

Need Help? Let's chat.