cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New

Clive2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi all,

Im with Bell right now thinking of moving over to Public.  I would like to know if I can keep my existing phone# and how that works.  Do I need to to keep my Bell acount open untill I hook up with Public then transfer the number over, then close my Bell account I really dont know what the proceedure is. thx in advance.

Clive

35 REPLIES 35

Maggilynnd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You should 100% come to public they have the cheapest and best phone/data plans, 40$ fornunlimited texting/calling and 4.5g of data! You do need to keep your bell number active to transfer/port your number (you do this when signing up for public/getting your plan)  but once it is ported the Bell account is automatically closed for you!

Clive2

So I submitted a ticket, I transferred my old Bell# yesterday.  As of today on my new phone I can text out and the number that shows is the transferred # (that's correct) when I call the transferred # my old phone rings not the new one (not correct) also I cant receive text messages on the new phone, so basically I text out on the new phone and the text reply comes back on my old phone any help would be appreciated. 

@Clive2  If simple simon gives you trouble you can also send a private message. Just add/tag @CS_Agent in the send bar. Explain the issue. Be sure to include the email, phone #, name and address on account and pin #. Be prepared to also answer one of the folowing:  alternate number if any, method of payment, amount, last 4 digits of card, dob, security question and answer.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Clive2 click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and start a conversation with Simon the chat bot, put port stuck and it it doesn't get to submit ticket put talk to a human.  They should get back to you later today hopefully.  You can keep using your bell Sim card in the meantime until the port is complete!   Welcome to public mobile 

Clive2

Hi all,

I tried switching over my phone number from bell, and recieved a message from Public asking me to click contact us then complete the SIM & Activation online form.  Trouble is I cant seem to find where the contact us tab is on the website, thx in advance.

Clive2

Thank you

Clive2

Thx

Help will be available, @Clive2 . Who is your service with now?

Edit: I see now it's Bell. You'll likely have no issues as long as you set up a temporary number and port your Bell number in after the fact. In my experience, less than an hour start to finish.

Clive2

Recived the phone, really nice waiting for the sim card hope maybe I can get some help setting it up, regards to all.

Clive

Clive2

Thank you for the info

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Clive2 welcome. Porting is pretty straight forward.  You will need to keep your current phone number active with Bell.  Basically what I did was bought a SIM Card (look-up in your area where they sell Public Mobile (PM) SIM Cards, or order a SIM online through PM or Amazon.  Keep checking this site for good activation offers (such as one time credits, or additional bonuses on plans).  Would suck to activate and then a couple days later you miss out on a one month free offer or something.  Once you see a nice deal then use the PM site to activate your new SIM on whichever plan you want.  It's a pretty straight forward process, you shouldn't need help setting it up.  There's a section that asks if you're porting and you'll need your existing Bell account number or the IMEI of the Bell phone you're using.  

Complete the activation, which is only 3 computer screens and should take no more than 5-10 minutes really, and that's it.  Put the new SIM Card in your phone and wait until you get text messages from PM (i.e. welcome messages, and successful port message)  Also, give it maybe 15 -30 minutes for all the functions to work (i.e. inbound and outbound calls, outbound text messages, data service).  These are not always going to start working immediately.

Technically you won;t need to contact Bell because they'll receive notice of the port and they will issue your final bill at some point that month or the next (should be prorated so recommend you check the cancel date they have on the invoice).  Keep in mind if you're on a contract you'll need to pay that cancellation fee (which will be on the invoice).

@wangce2007 Members are not allowed to post referral codes in the forum, and as such, it has been removed.

Clive2

thanks for the feedback Pmcell 

Clive2

Ya, I puchase quite a lot of tools from amazon, had to go on waiting list but it went through

@computergeek541  Need to call on you again to remove a referral code from this thread. Please and thank you!

@Clive2  You snuck in under the wire I didn't think you would have enough time after I posted the end of the sale. I'm impressed...you got $5 cheaper than I did on cyber Monday.

Clive2

I got it at 130$

yanzhiqiang
Re: New

@Clive2  You may what to consider the Umidigi A5 pro on sale for another 18 minutes at Amazon.ca for $130.45 cdn all in.

Now it is back to $175.99

XionBunny

@darlicious wrote:

@wangce2007   If you did not understand my warning to @Clive2  I will be direct with you. Asking, offering and posting of your referral code in the community is not allowed. Please edit your post. All such things should be discussed in private messages only.

I was about to say that as well, been refreshing my self on the rules.

@wangce2007   If you did not understand my warning to @Clive2  I will be direct with you. Asking, offering and posting of your referral code in the community is not allowed. Please edit your post. All such things should be discussed in private messages only.

@Clive2  I'm happy with your quick moves you snapped up the deal on that phone. You won't be disappointed. It is best not to allude to referral codes in the community so you may want to edit (3 dots top right corner) your post.

Clive2

Hi,

thx

@Clive2 wrote:

Thank you so much!! I got one

@Clive2  Lol! A phone or a SIM card?

Clive2

Thank you so much!! I got one

wangce2007

But first you’ll need a public mobile SIM card 

wangce2007

You can keep the old number. Just to make sure that you have you’re old account so that no one will take its 

@Clive2  You may what to consider the Umidigi A5 pro on sale for another 18 minutes at Amazon.ca for $130.45 cdn all in.

@Clive2  Here are the compatibility specs for that phone:

There are no MGMA listings.

Network

TechnologyGSM / HSPA / LTE
2G bandsGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
4G bandsLTE (unspecified)
SpeedHSPA, LTE

@Clive2 wrote:

Also Im thinking of getting the LG Xpower2 phone, I see that the LG Xpower is supported by Public but not the Xpower2 I guess it is supported but would like to double check with you guys, thx again.

Clive

You'd have to double and triple check the particular variant of that phone, because according to the site below, depending on which variant, it MAY, or MAY NOT be fully compliant:

https://www.frequencycheck.com/carrier-compatibility/Lzarn/public-mobile-canada/devices?utf8=%E2%9C%... 

Clive2

Also Im thinking of getting the LG Xpower2 phone, I see that the LG Xpower is supported by Public but not the Xpower2 I guess it is supported but would like to double check with you guys, thx again.

Clive

Need Help? Let's chat.