cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activation / porting issues from Telus

Hallavsmanur
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When attempting to port a Telus number, the number was accepted by Public Mobile, but Telus would not release it.  I proceeded with the Public Mobile activation with a new number.  Is there a way of going back and trying to get the old number ported - it's been a day since the activation

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Hallavsmanur wrote:

When attempting to port a Telus number, the number was accepted by Public Mobile, but Telus would not release it.  I proceeded with the Public Mobile activation with a new number.  Is there a way of going back and trying to get the old number ported - it's been a day since the activation

Do you know why Telus would not release you number?

If you number is from a corporation account, your need to move your corporate number to an individual Telus account first before you can port it to PM.  

To port an individual account number, your phone number must be active.  You need Telus account number, Telus phone number and name on your Telus account to port to PM.

Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue (important)
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
7. After submitted a ticket, members should check their private message SENT folder for their ticket which they just created.
If you cannot find your ticket in your SENT box, You did not create your support ticket yet. Also monitor your INBOX for any reply from moderator.
Click the envelop icon at the top right corner to access your private message mailbox.

You can also enable email notification after receiving a private message at your INBOX.
My settings --> PREFERENCES --> Private Messenger --> enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages' --> Save

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Hallavsmanur  please check to see if you forgot to remove a port block on your number. Thanks. Stay safe.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Hallavsmanur yes that's how you're supposed to Port your number over from telus you need to select a new number. then contact customer support to port over your number. Do not cancel your Telus account, it will automatically cancel after the port had finished.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

Need Help? Let's chat.