cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Phone and Not Yet Registered for InternetService

elvirachang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I lost my phone. I'm not registered for online service either. What should I do to suspend my SIM card to prevent unauthorized use? 

5 REPLIES 5

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Is it a smartphone?  Was it connected to an email account? Ie such as Google.  If it was, you should change your password and remove the device from your account. Also, was the phone registered with the manufacturer? You could report it stolen through them too.

@elvirachang wrote:

Hi, I lost my phone. I'm not registered for online service either. What should I do to suspend my SIM card to prevent unauthorized use? 

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@elvirachang 

Be ready to prove that it is your account, have the credit card number handy or if you still have old vouchers in your drawer someplace

See if you setup phone tracking with google when you setup your phone originally, you may be able too lockate/lock/whipe it out. Log onto google

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@elvirachang wrote:

@elvirachang If you don't have self-service account, it's better to contact moderator. Click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions or send a message though https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To contact a moderator, create a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:
simon.PNG
Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand (e.g. no service, can't send texts, can't call out or no data).
Answer Simon's questions until you get here:

Spoiler
supportticket.png
@CS_Agent will respond to your concern through the community's private messaging system, usually within 48 hours.
Watch for this indicator of a private message from a moderator.
privatemsg.png

Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
Contact @Moderator_Team
About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST; Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

GR
Mayor / Maire

@elvirachang click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and start a conversation with Simon the chat bot.   The moderators will get back to you hopefully today, only the moderators can help you with that since you didn't create your online account yet

Need Help? Let's chat.