cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls forwarded

irischan21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

After I changed to Public Mobile service, all my incoming calls were forwarded and I am not able to receive all incoming calls. Though I changed a phone or switched off the "Call Forwarding" function in my phone, the problem still exists. I didn't have such a problem before using Public Mobile service.

I am looking forward to a solution soon. Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16

@irischan21 

What did you try? Contacting the moderators? Calling the telus porting department? Who is your previous provider? If your account with them isn't active then you are unable to port. You are a little vague on certain aspects.....you heed to be more specific if we are to help you.....

irischan21

I tried, but it didn't work either.

irischan21

I did dial those 2 codes but none of them worked.

It is an Iphone 7, OS version is 13.6.1.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@irischan21 wrote:

Thank you. I just tried, but still could not work though.

Did you do those couple dial codes suggested earlier in the thread?

What make/model/submodel is the phone? And the OS version?

irischan21

Thank you. I just tried, but still could not work though.

@irischan21 click the "plans and add-ons" tab

lost_stolen.jpeg

try resetting your network settings

1. From the home screen navigate to Settings>General>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings
If prompted enter your passcode
3. Tap Reset Network Settings
4. Restart your phone

irischan21

I could not find the lost/stolen feature in my account.

@irischan21 hi dial ##21# and then ##004# to reset your call forwarding and see if that works

@irischan21 

Goodness that's a long time to wait to ask for help. Follow @gblackma instructions to contact a moderator. While you wait you can be proactive by checking to see that your account is still active with your previous provider. Try using your old sim....you can check your old voicemail for missed messages. Log into your old account to confirm its status and check If you have porting protection enabled as that could have caused a failed port. Have your account # ready to give to the moderator.

@irischan21 contactt he moderators and ask them to reset your service for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

irischan21

Hi, I ported it over 10 days ago.

irischan21

Hi I ported it over 10 days ago.

@irischan21 

A little more info would help us help you.....if you just activated and you've ported in then see above.

If your incoming calling is all going to your pm voicemail and everything else is working normal and you havent accidently call forwarded or blocked all calls etc.....try using the lost/stolen feature in your account. Log in. Report phone lost. Log out. Wait 1 min. Log in. Report phone found. Log out. Reboot phone. Test by having someone call you.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@irischan21 you said that you switched phones? If this isnt a new activation, try a network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so.  Stay safe. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@irischan21 wrote:

Hello,

After I changed to Public Mobile service, all my incoming calls were forwarded and I am not able to receive all incoming calls. Though I changed a phone or switched off the "Call Forwarding" function in my phone, the problem still exists. I didn't have such a problem before using Public Mobile service.

I am looking forward to a solution soon. Thanks!

Hi @irischan21 ,

If you ported a previous provider's cell phone number, it can take up to 3-4 hours to complete. Incoming calls are usually the last thing to port.

If you ported a landline that could take a few days to complete.

If this was a cell phone number you ported, use the previous SIM to receive calls. When that SIM stops receiving calls you know the port is complete. 🙂

Welcome!

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

Hi if you just ported your number it can take a few hours to complete this is normal

Need Help? Let's chat.