cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what happens when you get referrals and your balance is at $0 already?

helenhelen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am currently paying $1 + tax for my bill due to my rewards points. Once it gets down to $0, what happens if I end up getting additional reward credits? Or does it just stop there and I should upgrade my plan?

8 REPLIES 8

@gpixel wrote:

@helenhelen 

I would upgrade my plan and keep the steam ball rollin' 

I just kept upgrading everytime I was getting closer to a free plan

if you're on the $15/250mb I would definitely consider upgrading to the $25/1gb. then work your way to a free $25 plan 

"they" do stop referrals. especially when you're in the higher cost plans. 

The amount of referral credit that someone can earn (ie. the limit) isn't related to the price of the plan but rather the length of the plan. The 110 refer-a-friend credit limit is for all 30-day plans.

As for upgrading the plan just because you can, I disagree with this.  I would only do that if there is a need for the features of the more expensive plan.  It does sound like you're possibly saying that this is to act as an incenstive for the customer to keep working at getting referrals, but if you don't need the more expensive plan, there's no reason to take it.  Refer-af-friend credits are volitile and the extra balance that accumulates will help to keep paying for the service even after some referrals have been lost.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@helenhelen 

I would upgrade my plan and keep the steam ball rollin' 

I just kept upgrading everytime I was getting closer to a free plan

if you're on the $15/250mb I would definitely consider upgrading to the $25/1gb. then work your way to a free $25 plan 

"they" do stop referrals. especially when you're in the higher cost plans. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@helenhelen 

Here’s an example of how you could get your plan down to $0:

1. You are on a $45, 30-day plan
  2. You have been with Public Mobile for 5 years
  3. You signed up for AutoPay
  4. You occasionally help others out in the Community
  5. You referred 36 friends to Public Mobile who are still active members

You will earn $5 in Loyalty Rewards + $2 in AutoPay Rewards + $2 Community Rewards + 36 referrals at $1/30 days. That’s $45 in total Rewards, and a sweet $0 plan!

but some member they have a referred 110 friend and they money extra is will going to your account Available funds:$$ has the amount left, is will going to next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

General Reward Rules,

@helenhelen 

You may have noticed during your renewal when your new 30 day cycle starts at midnight eastern that your data counter resets, minute counter etc...then usually within 10 minutes your rewards are converted and applied to your balance as available funds.

If you have topped up your account the system nor pm can tell the difference between reward funds and added "real" funds. Your plan amount will be debited and whatever is left over is credit and will continue to build over time to use at your discretion for add ons or perhaps scheduling a plan change on next renewal when you spend a month at the cottage or go on a road trip you can splurge on the $50/10.5gb plan.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@helenhelen wrote:

I am currently paying $1 + tax for my bill due to my rewards points. Once it gets down to $0, what happens if I end up getting additional reward credits? Or does it just stop there and I should upgrade my plan?

@helenhelen 

Get 2 more refer-a-friends and Public Mobile will start "Paying YOU", by adding an additional $1 to your Available Funds balance each cycle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@helenhelen : Officially, it's not supposed to accumulate. So I suppose it's all subject to change without notice at any time.

But nor does that official policy make sense. So go figure.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@helenhelen wrote:

If you get additional reward credits it will just be added to your Available Funds which can be used towards future renewals or to purchase add-ons.

@helenhelen wrote:

Rewards get added to your account regardless of the plan price. There is a limit of $110 in refer-a-friend credits for customers on a 30-day plan, but otherwise, any extra balance will still be added to your acount balance even if you have more reward credits than the cost of your plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.