cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

validate account

ruach
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello community.  I guess my account and service has been suspended do to suspicious activity...no details given.  Now a moderator wants pictures of my government picture ID front and back, a picture of the credit card I use for paying my bill, proof of address and contact phone number.  This is extreme in my opinion and puts my identity and finances in jeopardy.  Has anyone else had this experience?  There has got to be a safer way to prove who I am.  Why pictures?  Isn't the last 4 digits of my credit card adequate?  5 days of no service.  It feels like I'm being ransomed.

Update.  Interesting. I called 611 and it worked and my service is back on.  I'm not sure about my self serve account yet.  A public mobile/telus rep left a message and number in my voice mail to get back to him. I did not send pictures of my ID or Credit Card.

Thanks again community for your support and feedback:)!

12 REPLIES 12

@ruach 

Please record the name and phone number of the rep and call them back but do not reveal any personal info. Follow up with the moderators and provide us with an update. While very rare to get a phone call from pm it's not impossible. But asking you to verify with copies of your ID and credit card is highly suspicious and i would imagine against policy.....this is just not done.

ruach

Interesting. I called 611 and it worked and my service is back on.  I'm not sure about my self serve account yet.  A public mobile/telus rep left a message and number in my voice mail to get back to him.

@ruach wrote:

no idea. nothing has been explain in any detail.

@ruach  Did you submit a ticket, yes or no?

@ruach contact customer support mods

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "security or identity fraud issue"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

ruach

no idea. nothing has been explain in any detail.

@ruach  Can you please clarify. Did you submit a ticket to PM and did they request your cc verification via private message?

ruach

Thank you community.  I will do my do diligence.  I'm glad I didn't fold.

@ruach 

I whole heartedly agree with @RosieR and @computergeek541 This sounds like a scam. Public mobile doesnt ask for this when you sign up they wouldn't ask for it now. Certainly not copies of your ID etc.....you can sign up as Diana Ross, Hillary Clinton or any other name you wish and they know this.....the most they might ask for  that is legitimate would be the last 4 digits of your registered credit card. You may want to record the details from where this message, email, text? Came from and report it to public mobile in a private message to the moderator team.

Edit: Contact the moderator team to find out why its suspended. Do you have no access to your account? What happens when you call 611? Have you checked your bank accounts and credit cards?

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@ruach wrote:

Hello community.  I guess my account and service has been suspended do to suspicious activity...no details given.  Now a moderator wants pictures of my government picture ID front and back, a picture of the credit card I use for paying my bill, proof of address and contact phone number.  This is extreme in my opinion and puts my identity and finances in jeopardy.  Has anyone else had this experience?  There has got to be a safer way to prove who I am.  Why pictures?  Isn't the last 4 digits of my credit card adequate?  5 days of no service.  It feels like I'm being ransomed.

Reply by @computergeek541 

Public Mobile could very well be asking you to prove it's your account, but who exactly is asking for this information. What is the username? There's also a chance that this request is fake and is by someone trying to steal your information.

@ruach I agree with @computergeek541 be definitely sure that the request for those personal information and photo? came from Public Mobile.  It could be a scam.

@ruach wrote:

Public Mobile could very well be asking you to prove it's your account, but who exactly is asking for this information. What is the username? There's also a chance that this request is fake and is by someone trying to steal your information.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ruach  If there was suspicious activity then validating your credit card info is not extreme IMO.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@ruach did they ask you to verify and you gave incorrect information? 

Need Help? Let's chat.