cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

used sim

FlyerCAN
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

if i convert to esim, can my physical sim be used in another phone?

8 REPLIES 8

@Wayworn wrote:

I always assumed that once one transfers an account from a physical Sim to an E-sim the physical sim is no longer useable. However I am now confused after reading a post by an Oracle that suggests otherwise . Am cut and pasting this

Wayworn_0-1724251141485.png

The first first post in this thread says nothing about the physical SIM card being previously used. Of course a previously activated and deactivated SIM card can't be re-used, but nothing in the first posts actually states that is was previously used.

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That’s was I thought- my google search confirms this —-Once a SIM card is deactivated. It is no longer usable. SIM cards are single activation only.

If you HAD service with PM and then cancelled it, account was deleted, then old sim is deactivated and cannot be used anymore, ever.
If you replace physical SIM with eSIM then physical SIM is deactivated and cannot be used anymore, ever.

eddieO

@Wayworn I'm pretty sure in this case the old physical SIM card is no longer usable since the eSIM has replaced it. SIM cards are a one-time use. Yes you can move them into another phone but once it's been replaced with another SIM card or eSIM that's it, it's done

The way I'm reading the original post, it sounds like the OP wants to know if they can have 2 device sharing the same number by virtue of one device having the eSIM and the 2nd device using the old (original) SIM card that was on the account, which cannot be done

Wayworn

I always assumed that once one transfers an account from a physical Sim to an E-sim the physical sim is no longer useable. However I am now confused after reading a post by an Oracle that suggests otherwise . Am cut and pasting this

Wayworn_0-1724251141485.png

Wayworn

Are you sure???????

According to a google search I found the following——-> Once a SIM card is deactivated. It is no longer usable. SIM cards are single activation only.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@FlyerCAN 

If the eSIM and SIM are on the same account then no.

When you transfer over to eSIM it will not work.

@FlyerCAN wrote:

if i convert to esim, can my physical sim be used in another phone?

The physical SIM card would be usable in any compatible device.

Need Help? Let's chat.