cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlimited data and Canada/US calling

rmtmhood
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm a former customer from Montreal. Loved the service then but coverage was not available when I moved to Ontario. When will unlimited calling and data return?

I'm actually shocked at the prices now!!! I paid far less for a whole lot more just a few short years ago! Think it was around 45$ for everything, truly unlimited: text, Can/US calling, and data. 

As a former customer I'm very saddened to see the "new" stripped down, bare bones do it yourself service and huge increases in price.

The friendly helpful and knowledgable customer service people were also a great part of what made the original vision of public mobile unique.

It took abit of digging to even discover that telus, one of the big 3, now owns and operates it.

I hope there are better days ahead.

2 REPLIES 2

CET_GUY27
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Unlimited calling (within Canada) is still available. For calling to the US, you can use an add-on which will remain on your account as long as you keep your account active until you have used all the minutes. Calling from the US is not available with PM but third party companies (such as Roam Mobility) are available for people with unlocked phones.

Unlimited data is a thing of the past in most cases. Even US carriers are jumping off the unlimited data ship in favour of charging for data at higher rates per GB...

For those people who want Province/Canada-wide calling/texting and are not data hogs and prefer to handle everything online without having to deal with reps that are more interested in upselling than problem solving, then PM is a great fit with great coverage and decent pricing (similar plans cost $85 with the big three). 

benwarez
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Little comparison between old Network and new one: old network was on 3 G CDMA using old non smart sim card phones, only serving Great Montreal /Toronto areas, the new network now is running on 4G HSPA with sim card based phones canadawide, in my point of view this is also a huge improvement by PM that brings new and improved service to customers canadawide

Need Help? Let's chat.