cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble calling out

BD1960
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Has anyone else experienced issues calling out or receiving calls.  I can't call from inside house except certain araes even though a good signal strength..I'm on 4G..figured I'd give last chance before I switch to another provider with whom my phoned worked fine.

9 REPLIES 9

BD1960

keep getting emails from PM asking if my problem was solved so figure I'd post a reply. I switched back to my previous provider and problem solved. Can't sign into my account here anymore but still receiving confusing emails regarding this issue..sim cards being sent etc. Don't understand why after my number was ported over 6 days ago

BD1960

thanks for the reply..yes tried the network settings and it only seem to work on auto..3G doesn't show up on phone.

I'll give the network reset a try but hate resetting passwords as I have a tendacy to forget them

@BD1960 - you said you tried different network settings. Can you confirm you are on the automatic setting or 3G / WCDMA ONLY network (or whatever your phone settings show). Ideally automatic, but play with this here and see if it improves.

esjliv_0-1622501638903.png

I'd also suggest to perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

BD1960

That kinda explains it now. Yes I researched PM before joining and saw they were tied to Telus and figured it would work well in my area as does the wife's Telus but so far it hasn't been the greatest expierence. The advertised 15% discount on the plan wasn't applied either at activation. So for a few dollars more and 5x the data I guess it's back to Bell I go. Hopefully my phone will work properly again for calling and recieving. Thanks for your help

@BD1960   PM actually sharing the network with Bell and Telus.  

The voice in 3G is the difference and the reason to your situation. Bell has VoLTE but not PM.  Although there has been lots of words that VoLTE should be coming to PM, but not confirm date.  If you don't want to wait, my suggestion for you is to move to a provider with VoLTE, Koodo, Telus , Bell, 

BD1960

Thanks but it worked fine with last provider until I switched to PM..wife is with telus and hers works fine. she has a samsung as well

BD1960

Thanks for your response. I joined a week ago. I was with Bell and it worked fine but since joining only certain ares of the house where I can call or recieve. data and texts work fine. Bell tower can be seen a km away.I've tryed different network settings on my phone but no luck. It's a Samsung A51. took into a phone tech worked fine.

Bell got a hold of me and offered me pretty sweet deal so likely switch back .will be losing unused service here but can't go on without use of phone in house or garage

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

So you are saying you CAN call but certain areas in your house are like dead zone?

In that case it has nothing to do with PM service but your phone and environment you are in. Something strongly interferes with the signal...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BD1960   was it ok before and it was worse now or did you just join PM?

first, what brand and model of phone you have?

PM ONLY use 3G network for voice.  So, you could have good 4G signal but if the 3G you got inside your house is weak, then it still won't make the call.  

If it works before and just have problem lately, it could be just network tower issue and maybe they are fixing it and will get better soon

But if it is always like that, maybe you are in a spot with weak 3G signal anyway.  In such case, you need a provider with VoLTE support so voice can be carried on LTE network as well.  Consider moving to Koodo or Telus if you want to stay with the Telus brands

Need Help? Let's chat.