cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer won't complete

OgAgie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've waited the 5 plus hours and used the qr code in my email. Still on SOS. Help!!

6 REPLIES 6

@JRod wrote:

This was merely a question to narrow down exactly what the issue is. If they still have service on their old SIM card then yes I’d say it’s a porting issue. 

I do understand that you only trying to get to the buttom of this.  However, that's the very reason why I mentioned that if the customer means there's no Public Mobile service/it's in SOS mode when using the Public Mobile SIM card, that part isn't actually a porting issue.  

@JRod wrote:

Please re-read what I said, if the customer still has service with their old sim card then I can provide the number to the porting department.

I've taken another look at your post, but my advice stands. Let's assume that the customer is not getting a network connection using the Public Mobile SIM card.  In the case of the old carrier's service still working, the last thing the customer would want would be for porting to complete.  This would cause the customer to lose all incoming communication access as the porting could potentially compelte to a non-functioning Public Mobile service.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 

Please re-read what I said, if the customer still has service with their old sim card then I can provide the number to the porting department.

This was merely a question to narrow down exactly what the issue is. If they still have service on their old SIM card then yes I’d say it’s a porting issue. 

@JRod wrote:

@OgAgie 

Have you tried rebooting your device? 
Do you still have service if using your old SIM card? You needed to reply Yes to a text sent to you with your old sim active in order for the port to be authorized.

If you still have service from your old SIM card I can provide you the number to the porting department. 

If the customer is actually in SOS mode while trying to use the Public Mobiile SIM card, the porting department won't be able to assist.  Have no network connection isn't a number porting issue.  I'm not saying that there couldn't still be a porting issue, but the issue of no Public Mobile service needs to be addressed first. Only a Public Mobile cusotmer support agent can help with that.

@OgAgie wrote:

I've waited the 5 plus hours and used the qr code in my email. Still on SOS. Help!!

Before anyone else makes the suggestion, please do not contact the number porting department by phone for an issue such as this.  Even with an incomple number port, your phone shouldn't be in SOS mode/Emergency calls only mode while trying to use your Public Mobile SIM card/service.  What phone model do you have?  Assuming that it's compatbile, and assuming that you've checked that the network type is set to automatic, this sounds to be an acount provisioning issue. Try restarting your device.

If still not having any luck, please open a ticket using the chatbot to contact a customer support agent.

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

If the chatbot results in an error message when trying to open a ticket, send a private message to CS_Agent.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

As for the number porting part, did you receive a text message from your old carrier asking your approval to transfer the numbver to Public Mobile (your old carrier's SIM card needs to be in your phone).

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@OgAgie 

Have you tried rebooting your device? 
Do you still have service if using your old SIM card? You needed to reply Yes to a text sent to you with your old sim active in order for the port to be authorized.

If you still have service from your old SIM card I can provide you the number to the porting department. 

Need Help? Let's chat.