cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer from Telus to Public fail

Nina20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The system indication transfer success. My public account is in active status .

But when I insert public SIM card, my phone can't recognize it.

When I re insert the Telus SIM card, the phone is still working to make a call.

But when I try to active it again using same SIM card number, the system said the sim card is invalid.

I think that means 'the SIM card had registered'.

what shall  I do  ?

6 REPLIES 6

@Nina20 wrote:

I replied immediatly

@Nina20  - said yes to the text, good. Coming from Telus, so should be no issue with compatibility.

If a restart of your phone does kick in the public mobile network, try these troubleshooting tips:

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*perform a reset network settings on your device

*try your SIM card into another compatible phone for a few days to see if the issues are the same...this could rule out a device issue/setting.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

If issues persist, submit a ticket to CSA for assistance.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Nina20 

in that  link  see the phone number to contact Port Team,

or open ticket Chatbot

@Nina20 wrote:

The system indication transfer success. My public account is in active status .

But when I insert public SIM card, my phone can't recognize it.

When I re insert the Telus SIM card, the phone is still working to make a call.

But when I try to active it again using same SIM card number, the system said the sim card is invalid.

I think that means 'the SIM card had registered'.

what shall  I do  ?

The message about success on the computer screen when requesting a number port means pretty much nothing. It is not an indication of porting success or completion.  It only mneans that Public Mobile has received your request and the number has been assigned to your account.  The activation screen or Self Serve screen would say that porting is successful even if your entered known bongus account information about the old carrier.

A SIM card can't be activated twice.  As for both SIM cards having the same phone number, this is normal and how Public Mobile does number porting.  When it comes to your Telus Mobility SIM card still working, BKNS27  is correct that the number hasn't compelted (or has failed).  The Telus SIM wouldn't be working if everyting had been finalized.

@Nina20 

Try rebooting your phone by powering off your phone then power the phone back on with the PM SIM.

You should alway power off your phone when you swap any SIM.

Nina20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I replied immediatly

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Nina20 

It sounds like the porting is incomplete.

Did you reply to the text confirming you are porting over to PM with the with the Telus SIM in your phone? There is a 90 minute window for you to reply. If you missed this window, you can call the Telus porting section to have it completed.

Need Help? Let's chat.